Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Nicole’s POV

“So did you have a good summer?” I asked no one in particular as we began our walk around campus, going through Liz’s schedule first.

“Sure,” Becca said as she blew a strand of hair away from her face, “Right up until my parents saw my grades,”

“But you great grades,” I told her, after all Liz and I had personally tutored her in economics and chemistry, which wasn’t always easy considering the fact that she was dyslexic.

“I got four A’s and three B’s,” Becca said.

“I know!” I said, that was pretty good for her if you take into consideration her learning disability and the fact that studying and paying attention in class wasn’t something she enjoyed doing.

“According to my dad, there’s no way that I am capable of earning four A’s and three B’s so therefore I much be cheating,” Becca said.

“You’re kidding me!” Liz blurted out. “Nope,” Becca said,

“He’s always been a bit of an asshole though, my mom is proud of me though. Besides, I already know what I’m going to do about my dad,” she said.

“What?” Christina asked.

“Study,” Becca cocked a perfectly plucked eyebrow, “This year I’ll get all A’s,” she smirked like she’d found the ultimate way to defy her dad.

“Good luck with that,” Liz laughed.

“Hey I’m capable of get straight A’s,” Becca defended.

“That’s right you are, but I know you and you aren’t going to follow through with that. You aren’t going to want to spend the majority of your senior year studying,” Liz told her.

“Well you’ve done it since your first day here and still managed to have a somewhat social life, how hard could it be?” Becca shrugged and laughed as Liz sarcastically rolled her eyes at her.

“Yeah well you’re taking Mr. Parks class. I had him last year for geography and that was the first class that I was really to having a low B,”

I knew Becca was about to say something else, but we were confused when she suddenly stopped walking.

“What’s wrong?” Christina asked her.

“Was this here last year?” Becca asked as she pointed to the new building that I knew definitely was not there last year.

“That wasn’t here but I think they had been in the middle of starting to build it last year,” Liz chimed in.

“Oh my gosh,” Christina said.

“What?” we all turned to look at her, but all she did was point at the building and it took me a second to see what she was directing our attention at.

“You’re kidding me,” I said as I looked at the sign in front of the new building that read ‘Boys Dorm’ in clean silver letters.

“Boys?” we all said at the same time but some of us in different tones then others.

Becca and Christina squealed with excitement, Becca more so than Christina. Liz and I seemed unsure about this but Liz looked a little more okay with this than I was, I was totally against this.

“Since when is there a need for boys dorms?” Becca said.

“Since now apparently,” Liz answered.