Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Nicole’s POV

I was relieved as I finally walked out of my last class, successfully making it through my first day back. Becca had texted me earlier to meet them all at the quad once I was done in my last class. I walked across campus until I saw them and joined them on the bench that they were sitting on. We all began to talk about our classes for a while instead of going back up to our dorms to start any work we were given like we should be doing.

Liz started talking about how the boy she got paired up with for that project was really cute and really nice and he invited her to sit with him at lunch today. I felt somewhat obligated to say something about Harry, but I didn’t feel I needed to; I didn’t want them to get false assumptions. My friends brought up a few cute boys that they had in their classes, but they actually talked about the teachers and everything, which I was pretty content with.

“Should we head back to the dorms now?” Liz suggested after we’d been sitting on the bunches for about forty-five minutes now.

“No, the view here is a whole lot better,” Becca said and I knew he well enough to know that she was talking about a pair of boys who were sitting on a bench thirty feet away, staring at her.

“Ooh, I want one so bad,” she said.

“They’re not puppies,” Liz told her.

“Come on,” she said,

“Let’s go talk to them, they’re really cute,” she exclaimed.

I will admit they were pretty cute, but none of us really wanted to encourage her since we wanted to get back to the dorms.

“Let’s go, Becca,” Christina said as she rolled her eyes and laughed at her.

While Liz and Christina enjoyed having the boys here, no one was more boy obsessed then Becca.

“So Nicole,” Becca said as she walked up to me while we walked back to our building. I looked at her and waited for her to continue speaking,

“I saw you sitting with a boy at lunch today,” she said, and Christina and Liz instantly started to pay attention to the conversation.

“Oh really? She was?” Liz said.

“Don’t make a big deal of it, we were just working on a project,” I told them.

“Is he cute? What’s his name?” Christina asked.

“Harry,” was all I answered, although I hadn’t been sure if I even wanted to tell him that much, I didn’t want them to turn it into something that it wasn’t.

I didn’t even want to be partnered up with him, but I was so I had to finish this project with him.

“Oh I know who he is, he’s pretty hot,” Becca said.

“I heard he’s like a bad boy though,” Christina added.

“From who?” I asked before I could stop myself. “I don’t know, but it’s pretty obvious though, I mean have you seen what he’s wearing?”

“I have him in my calculus class and he’s already on the teacher’s bad side for talking out of term and giving him smart sarcastic responses,”

I wasn’t really listening to who was saying what, I was now dreading having him as a partner even more. I didn’t want to have to work with a troublemaker and someone who doesn’t seem to have a damn about anything.

“I’m not doing this project with him by choice,” I told them after a few moments, but by then they were already changing the topic of conversation to something else.