Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Nicole’s POV

I had a bit of a headache when I woke up the next morning, but nothing that bothered me too much. Once my friends had gotten back from the party last night, they probably stayed up for another two hours talking about the party. When they had come back to the dorm though I had pretended that I was asleep so they wouldn’t try and talk to me because I had not been in the mood to discuss my night.

I had heard my friends talking about how they didn’t get why I had come back early considering that I was the one most nervously looking forward to the party and had them spend a long time helping me get ready. I was hopelessly trying to avoid them this morning, not wanting them to ask me anything about last night, but I knew that I couldn’t do that forever, I was just hoping they would forget about it sooner or later.

I dragged myself out of bed and went to pick something out from my closet to wear today. I noticed that my friends were still fast asleep, the result of the party and them staying up half the night talking. I wanted to say I felt a bit left out from their conversation last night, but I really had no right to, I chose not to talk to them because I had felt like they would make a big deal about me leaving early even though they probably wouldn’t since they’d be caught up in talking about how the night went for them, but still.

Lucky for them though we didn’t have classes today since it was still the weekend, tomorrow classes started back up. I was actually kind of wishing we had class today, it gave me something to do for most of the day. Today I had no idea what I was going to do since my friends were most likely going to be asleep until lunch. I really wanted to go down to in infirmary and get some aspirin or something from the nurse, but I was too nervous that I was going to be questioned by her about why I wanted it. I had just been being way too paranoid lately.

I guess the good thing about not having class today was the fact that I wasn’t going to have to see Harry so early in the morning in my first classes. I thought about lunch today though and if we were still going to meet at the coffee shop. I was considering just not going, but I couldn’t avoid situations I didn’t want to deal with forever.

Just as I had gotten ready and dressed in jeans and a shirt with the academy’s logo printed on it, I heard a noise coming from the area where the bunks were and I saw Becca getting up.

“Good morning,” she yawned once she saw that I was already up.

“Morning,” I said back to her.

“You have a good night last night?” she asked me.

“Yeah, I guess,” I said, hoping she wouldn’t ask me anything more.

“Was that Harry you had been talking to at the party last night?” Becca asked me.

“Um…” I hesitated, “Yeah, it was,” it was pointless denying it if she had seen me talking to him, if I continuously denied it, it would seem like there was something I was trying to hide and I did not want her to think I was hiding anything.

“He had a question about the study guide from a class we had together,” I told her, hoping she hadn’t seen how long we had been talking at the table.

“Okay good, so he’s not the guy you were nervous about?” she asked.

“Oh goodness no,” I said. Probably a bit too quickly and insistent but she didn’t seem to notice.

“Good, because you can do so much better than him. So how did it go with the mystery guy?” she asked since I obviously wouldn’t give in to any of their pleas for me to tell them who the guy was, what she said just a few moments ago being a reason why.