Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Nicole’s POV

I was relieved when I woke up today, realizing that it was finally Saturday. I spent the majority of the morning and part of the afternoon with my friends in the dorm as we all worked on our homework and projects, trying to get as much work done as we could.

As the afternoon dragged on, I was a bit worried that I hadn’t heard anything from Harry yet since he said that he wanted to take me out today. If he did text me telling me what time we would be going, I hoped my friends would be out of the dorm for any reason just so I didn’t have to make up an excuse to them as to where I was going.

“Nicole, have you finished your English project yet?” I heard Becca asked me.

“Um, almost,” I told her as I looked down at my progress in the project since that was the one that I was working on right now.

“Okay, well when you’re done could you help me figure out what to write about since Liz won’t help me,” she said, mostly directing that last part at Liz as she turned to face her.

Liz just looked up from her work and shrugged before focusing her attention back onto her work.

“You should come up with your own topic,” Liz told her.

“But I can’t,” Becca complained and I laughed.

“Well, I don’t want to just tell you what to write you’re report on, you need to think of something on your own,” Liz said back.

“I wasn’t going to ask you to tell me what to write about, I was just going to ask for some ideas or inspiration to help me come up with something,” Becca said.

Christina and I just sat back and laughed a bit at their meaningless banter that couldn’t seem to end.

“So will you help me Nicole?” Becca asked, turning back to me and ending the conversation with Liz.

“Yeah I’ll help, I’m about done with mine and-” I was cut off by the sound of my phone ringing from where I had placed it on my desk.

My friends were all looking at me now, so I awkwardly picked up my phone to text who had texted me. I looked at the screen and it was from Harry, asking me if I was still up for the date he promised tonight.

“Who texted?” Christina asked casually.

“Oh um,” I looked up from my phone,

“It was just my mom, asking about break,” I told them as I quickly sent a reply to Harry and then locked my phone and set it back down on the desk.

“Let me guess, you’re staying here,” Becca said pretty much as a statement because she doesn’t even have to ask anymore, they all know that I stay here.

I nodded in response to her, and then we all went back to working on our schoolwork.

Probably another hour or so of working on projects passed by and I was almost done with a majority of them. I was still waiting for Harry to text me back to tell me what we were going to do today, or at least tell me a time.

Then again I was actually okay with him not texting me because I didn’t want my friends to ask again who texted. Because I knew they would ask who texted me because I usually just text the three of them so if they’re all in the room and I get a text they obviously are curious as to who it was from.

“I don’t know about you guys,” Christina said as she shut her textbook, “but I’ve had enough of this school crap for the day. It’s Saturday I want to go do something, besides continuing on with carrying out what I do Monday through Friday to the weekend,”

“Yeah, I think I’m ready for a break,” Becca agreed.

“Let’s go off campus, like to Cheesecake Factory or something,” Christina said.

“That sounds nice,” Liz said.

“Let’s get dressed and go,” Becca said, closing her laptop as she stood up from her desk.

“Screw it I’m going dressed like this, they either want my money or they don’t,” Liz said as she stood up and I saw that she was wearing pretty much what all of us were wearing with his leggings a t-shirt that was probably a size too big.

“I like how you think, let’s go,” Christina said and they all headed towards the door while I stayed seating at my desk.

“Nicole, why are you not getting up?” Becca asked.

“I think I’m going to stay,” I said.

“You’re kidding?” Liz gaped.

“No, I really want to finish up my projects, maybe next week I’ll join you guys in doing something,” I told them.

Becca sighed, “Suit yourself then,” she said and then they all walked out of the room.

For my sake I really hoped that Harry was planning on taking me to a different side of town for our date tonight. I went ahead and decided to text Harry asking him what time he was planning on us heading off campus so I would know what time to start getting ready.

A minute or so later he texted back asking me if my friends were in the dorm and I of course responded telling him that they left awhile ago. He didn’t respond so I figured that maybe he was coming over to my dorm. I wasn’t sure he was though; he probably just wanted to know if they were there or not just to know for later on, I wasn’t really sure.

Probably about twenty minutes or so had passed before I heard a knock at the door. I got up from my desk and opened the door to see Harry standing out in the hall.

“Ready to go?” he asked.

“What? No. I’m not even ready, I thought we were going out at night not in the afternoon,” I told him, it would’ve been nice if he would’ve given me a heads up that he was already planning on coming over to pick me up.

“It’s not the afternoon, its dusk right now. What you’re wearing should be fine, you might want a jacket though,” he said.

I look down at my black leggings that went just under my knee, and the shirt I was wearing that were a bit too big because I bought it from the clearance section of the school store.

“Are you serious?” I asked as I grabbed a jacket out of my closet.

“Yeah, let’s go,” he said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the dorm, leaving me utterly confused.

***

sorry this chapter is short :/

please don't forget to vote and comment :)