Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Nicole’s POV

I managed to get through my last few classes while paying minimal attention. Pretty much all I knew was that I was going to have a hell of a time getting my homework done tonight; I wasn’t looking forward to it. Luckily some of the things that the teacher had been going over in class was just somewhat of a review from what he learned last year, with a few added information and embellishments, just to refresh us on everything that we most likely forgot during the summer break.

I had taken my time walking back to the dorms so I could avoid having to explain why I had missed my class after lunch. I knew by now Becca told Liz and Christina, because she can’t keep anything to herself. I eventually made it to the dorm building and I decided to use the stairs to get to the second floor instead of the elevator.

Once I was up on my floor I had to push passed a few girls that were standing in the middle of the hallway talking, but I soon made it to my room. I figured they were all already in the room so the door was most likely unlocked so I didn’t have to bother with taking my key out of my bag. I twisted the doorknob, and sure enough the door opened.

I saw my friends already getting out their homework and sitting on the floor, spending the time we had until dinner to get as much work done as they could. I closed the door behind me and walked in before sitting down on the ground to join them.

“I got you the work you missed in chemistry,” Becca told me once she realized that I had sat down with them.

“Thanks,” I answered, and I knew that the moment they had out everything they needed, they were going to have to have a mini gossip session before they started work, and I knew it was going to begin with them talking about me.

“So why’d you miss Chemistry today?” Becca soon asked, just as I knew she would, with an amused look on her face.

“I wasn’t feeling well after lunch so I went to the nurse,” I said and shrugged, trying to act like it was nothing while inside I was nervous out of my mind.

“You were in the nurse for a whole class? You couldn’t have felt that bad,” Christina said.

“Yeah, knowing you I’m surprised you even went to the nurse, I would’ve thought you would power through and not see the nurse until after classes so you wouldn’t have to miss anything,” Becca said with a smile.

“I skipped class today okay, can we just leave it at that,” I said before I realized what I was saying.

It took me a second to notice that I had skipped instead saying, well basically anything else. I hoped they didn’t notice, but I knew they did when Liz looked up from her book and Becca and Christina perked up a bit.

“Skipped?” Becca asked with an amused look on her face.

“That’s not what I meant to say,” I stammered, but I knew they weren’t going to listen to any denial.

“You said skipped,” Christina said.

“It wasn’t on purpose,” I told them; still trying to convince them that saying I skipped was an honest mistake, even though it wasn’t.

“Because you didn’t want to tell us, right?” Christina said, still with an amused look on her face.

They were having too much fun with this.

“Can we just start on our work,” I said, trying to shift this conversation to anything else.

“She had to have skipped, look how much she’s denying it, how she’s anxiously trying to change the topic,” Becca said to Christina and they both laughed as I rolled my eyes at them.