Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Nicole’s POV

While we had been walking back to campus, we passed by a crappy looking fast food place that normally we wouldn’t have eaten at if we both weren’t starving right now. The food tasted a lot better than you would think from a place with a messy appearance.

Once we had finished up our food, we finished up the walk back to the campus. Harry walked me back to my dorm building, and I figured that the people Liz invited Liam to hang out with were the rest of my friends so they probably weren’t in the dorm room right now.

“Do you want to come inside?” I asked Harry as I opened up the door to the building.

It was only seven, my friends weren’t here right now, and to be honest I wanted him to stay as long as possible.

“I’m not doing any homework with you,” he told me as he walked inside.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” I said as I walked to the elevator and pressed the button for it to come.

“And,” he began, “We could also pick back up where we left off,” he said, making the blood rush up to my cheeks.

I cleared my throat quietly and stepped into the elevator with Harry. “Maybe,” I told him as I toyed with the hem of my jacket as the elevator began to go up.

Once we were on the second floor, Harry followed me down the hall to my room and I pulled my key out of my jacket pocket to unlock the door. My heart fluttered in my chest as he placed an apprehensive hand on the top of my back, a simple yet meaning full gesture to guide me into the dorm room.

As soon as we were both inside, I took off my jacket and hung it up, and he did the same expect he threw is jacket on top of Christina’s desk. I walked over to my desk and sat down; opening up my laptop to the essay I had been working on earlier, just to mess with him.

“Hey you said no homework,” he said, calling me out.

I chuckled and went ahead and closed my laptop and walked over to sit down on the couch that we had at the other side of the room. Harry soon walked over and joined me, sitting right next to me.

“So have you finished all your projects?” he asked me, making an attempt at conversation right now.

“Not quite,” I told him, and we spent the next thirty minutes or so not working on any projects or homework but talking about it, but it soon turned into an absentminded conversation about nothing in particular, just talking.

Harry’s POV

Even though I’ve made a point to her that I could still plenty more things with her, she laid beneath me as I decided just to kiss her. I’ve discovered that I liked kissing her, and I’ve found that she doesn’t kiss for it to lead to something else like I usually tended to do. She kissed me just because she was able to, just because she liked to kiss me.

This was different from anything else I’ve experienced with a girl, when she is beneath me, smiling against my lips or laughing against them. Or reaching her hand to the back of my neck, slowly and apprehensively moving her fingers into my hair. It’s something different, something new, that I’m struggling, yet somewhat enjoying getting used to. Actually just being with her and not just getting to the point and sleeping with her before moving on to someone else.

“You’re cold,” I pointed out as I felt the goose bumps on her arms.

“I’m fine,” she told me, her hair fanned out on the dark blue couch.

“Do you mind if we just lie together?” she asked me as she began to move my body off of her.

“What do you mean?” I asked, taken back a bit by her question.

“I mean just laying together,” she spoke.

As I stayed sitting were I was, not exactly sure what I was supposed to do, Nicole leaned up and hooked her arm around me to pull down next to her as she laid down and put her head down on the armrest and pillow of the couch and I do the same.

When I’m lying down, she gave me a small grin and she put her head on my chest. My arms are stay awkwardly beside me and I wait and wonder if she is going to kiss me or start something of the matter, but she didn’t, she just laid there against me. Her left arm curled around mine as her hand rested on my abdomen.

My right hand cautiously lifted to wrap around her. I wasn’t sure what to do with my other hand until she took her hand off my stomach to take hold of the hand and intertwined our fingers and placing back where it was before.

“Harry?” she asked me.

I responded with a humming from my throat to ask her what.

“Have you heard anything from your mom?” she asked.

My jaw tighten a bit because I really didn’t want to talk about my mom again because it felt like we did that everyday this week even though we’ve only talked about her two or three times.

“No,” I answered.

“Have you even contacted her?” she asked me.

“No…” I mumbled, trailing off as I spoke.

“You should ask her what the plan is for break if you want to see her,” she told me and I muttered an

“I know,” hoping she wouldn’t continue on with the topic.

“Soon when are your friends supposed to come back?” I asked, changing the subject before she could say anything else on the recent topic.

Even though I really didn’t want to think about when her friends were coming back because that meant I would have to leave when it got closer to that time.

“I don’t know,” she said,

“I guess I could text them and ask so we’ll know. It’d be bad if they walked in and they saw you in here,” she told me as she reached over to the coffee table were she had placed her phone and then put her head back on my chest as she texted.

I wanted to tell her that if she would just stop caring about what her friends thought then she wouldn’t have to worry about them coming back, but I kept my mouth shut because I knew she was just going to tell me to mind my own business and let her deal with the situation.

About an hour or so had passed now and it was getting close to the time that her friends said they planned on being back to the dorm. A few minutes ago we had gotten up from the couch because Nicole said she really wanted to work on finishing up the last parts of her English project.

I began to mindlessly mess with different things that cluttered her desk as I watched her focus on her computer screen and listened to the sound of her fingers rapidly pressing keys on the keyboard. Trying to get her attention every now and then I would crumble up pieces of paper and grinned as I would throw them at her. She would give me a glare, but every time I would see the smile that she was hiding.

“I’m going to go ahead and go back to me dorm,” I told her as I got up from the chair I was sitting on and playfully dropping a pieces of crumbled paper on her head.

I was getting bored of just sitting here doing nothing since we wouldn’t give me any attention.

“Okay,” she said as she stood up from her desk.

“I can walk myself down,” I told her, assuming that that was why she was getting up,

“I don’t want to keep you from your work,” I added.

“I know,” she said and walked over to the other desk where I had placed my jacket and handed it to me as she grabbed her room and headed for the door.

***

don't forget to vote :)