Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Nicole’s POV

“Hurry up, we’re going to be late!” I told Becca and Christina for probably the fourth time already this morning. Liz and I were already ready and we wanted to leave for class but Becca and Christina kept insisting that they were almost done and that we should just wait for them.

We had already missed the hour that the dining hall was opened for a quick breakfast. I was already running a bit behind schedule because Becca talked me into letting her add on to the makeup that I normally put on. I will agree that it was worth the extra minutes because it was subtle yet made a difference, but now she was well as Christina were taking too long to get themselves ready.

“Let’s just leave,” Liz said after a few more minutes passed. I nodded and we both got up from the chairs we were sitting in and grabbed our purses and notebooks.

“We’re leaving,” Liz announced to them and before they could answer or protest, the two of us were out the door.

“I hope its not going to be like this every morning,” I said as we walked down the hall to the elevators.

“You and me both,” she agreed, “I get they want to impress the boys but still, I don’t even have enough energy to get as dressed up as they want to be,”

I was glad that Liz was finally starting to agree with me when it came to having the boys here, I knew that she couldn’t be completely for it like Becca and Christina were. We walked across campus to get to our first class, which unfortunately was on the complete other side that our dorm was so we were almost running there so we would get there on time.

There was hardly anyone walking outside now since everyone was already in their first class except for Liz and I right now. Sure Becca and Christina weren’t in their class yet, but the building they both had to go to was right next to our dorm building. When we walked into our class, everyone was still talking as they waited for class to start so no one really noticed us come in.

We looked for two opened seats that were next to each other so we could sit together. Liz found some at the table in the second row so we walked over there and sat down and started just to talk about what we were expecting from this class.

We talked about the things that we had heard about this teacher and one of those things was that he was big on group projects and also that he likes to call people out on things, mostly those who don’t listen in class or do something to provoke him. Liz had tried to bring up the topic of the boys in this class, but I quickly changed the topic back to what I want to talk about involving this class.

I noticed Liz looking around at all the boys in this class though, and I couldn’t help but look too. There was probably close to an even number of each in this class which was good I guess although I’d rather it’d be just girls, but of course there was nothing that I could so about that. I couldn’t see the face of the boy in front of me, but that hair looked very familiar.

I had a feeling I knew who it was but I didn’t want to say to myself that it was him because I really didn’t want a class with him. He probably didn’t even remember me anyway so it shouldn’t even matter that I had this class with him.

Once class began, the teacher called on Harry to pass out the syllabus. He walked all the way around the room and I watched as he came to my row last.

After he had handed one to Liz, he completely skipped me and kept on walking. I wasn’t sure what to think at first. Did he do that on purpose just because he could or did he really not notice that I was there?

“You forgot to give me one,” I said once I knew that I wasn’t going to get one unless I said something.

“Oops,” I heard him say as he turned back around and walked over to me.