Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Harry’s POV

It took me longer than it probably should have to finish up the section of the study guide that I promised I would finish, but I really couldn’t help it. I kept thinking about Nicole and what all Liam had told, I was thinking about almost everything basically. I had concluded with the fact that I didn’t necessarily really like Nicole, but I had a slight attraction to her.

That was my conclusion to that and I was sticking with it. I guess it was just weird not knowing what a girl really thought about me. Usually girls would make it pretty clear to me about whether they liked me or hated me, but with her it’s different.

Either way I was told myself I was going to try my best to not bother and provoke her too much to the point where she is really pissed at me, since I couldn’t just not tease her at all, I had to do it to some extent.

As I had been working on my study guide, I noticed another reason it had taken me longer than it really need to was because with a few of the questions, after I had written down an answer, I would continue going through the chapter in the book to make sure that I had the right answer because for some reason I really wanted Nicole to see that I had gotten all the answers right. Although it probably wasn’t going to be that impressing to her since she pretty much already knew all the answers, and a lot of them were clearly stated in the book, but it still made me feel like I might impress her by getting all the answers right so I was going with it.

When I checked the time on Liam’s clock again, I saw that lunch was going to be starting soon, so I went ahead and told the boys and within a few minutes after that we were leaving the dorm building. I wasn’t sure if Nicole was going to just go ahead and meet me in the coffee shop today or if she was going to get lunch in the dining hall and just bring it to the shop since she sometimes did that.

I decided that I wasn’t going to bother with having to go into the dining hall, and I went ahead and parted ways with the boys after walking with them for a while and went straight to the coffee shop.

Once I was inside the shop, I set the textbook and study guide down on the table that Nicole and I usually sat at and the went up to the nonexistent line and waited for the barista to come over to me and take my order. I cleared my throat and she finally paid attention and walked over to the cash register to take my order.

“Why is it that you and your girlfriend are in here everyday for lunch,” the middle aged woman asked me as she got the sandwich and muffin I ordered.

“She’s not my girlfriend,” I told her.

“But you want her to be, huh?” she assumed.

“Not really,” I answered.

I was still figuring out if I even liked her or not and what her answer would be to going to the party with me, I was no where near the dreaded word, “girlfriend” I didn’t even want to think about that kind of commitment right now.

“Not really, huh?” the woman said, obviously not convinced with my answer as she handed me my food.

“I don’t remember asking your opinion on my personal life,” I growled as I handed her the money I owed and walked back over to the table.

A few minutes later, I saw Nicole walking in with a lunch from the dining hall in her hands and her school bag over her shoulder. I couldn’t believe that she was still carrying her school bag around on a Saturday.

As she walked over to me, I had just a few seconds to decide what I wanted to say to her first. I soon just had to let whatever words came out of my mouth just come out as she sat down in front of me.