Chapter 69

Chapter 69

Nicole’s POV

Harry and I stayed out and walked around campus for about a half hour or so before we were told by one of the administrators that we needed to go back to our own dorms since the New Year’s party was over now and everyone else was heading back to their rooms.

Harry and I awkwardly gave each other a quick hug good bye since the teacher was still watching us and then we both headed back to our own dorm buildings.

When I got back to my building, I received a text form Harry telling me to text him when I got up and he’d meet me at the coffee shop in the morning. I smiled as I replied to him and then put my phone back in my jacket pocket.

As I was walking down the hall to my room, I got out my key once I reached my door and I was about to open the door but I stopped when I heard the faint sound of talking. I pressed my ear to the door and hoped that no one would choose this time to walk down this hall because it would this situation would look and be pretty damn awkward.

I tried my best to make out what they were saying but it wasn’t very easy. I could figure out some of the things that they were saying and from what I heard I knew that they were talking about me, but I could probably figure that out anyway whether I heard them or not, it was basically a given that they were going to talk about Harry and I when I wasn’t around or they assumed that I could hear them like when I was getting ready in the bathroom earlier tonight.

“Did you see her kiss Har-” was a bit of what I heard one of them say just as I had opened the door.

I’m guessing it was Christina who had been speaking and she stopped mid sentence just as she noticed me opening the door. I didn’t even try to fake a smile at them as I took my shoes off and put them in my closet and grabbed some sweats to change into and headed to the bathroom.

I got changed and ready for bed as quiet as I could so I could hear anything else they were saying. I will admit that I was pretty proud of myself for building up enough confidence to kiss Harry right in front of them.

I honestly hadn’t been sure if I was going to do it or not, but when Harry asked if it was okay if he just hugged me, I knew I had to kiss him for both our sakes, not just to irritate my friends. I was kind of okay actually with them talking about it because that just confirmed my assumption of it bothering them.

From the looks on their faces when I walked in and the bits of their conversation that I’ve heard while I’ve been in the bathroom, it seemed that Christina was still the one who was the most pissed off. I couldn’t quite figure out why it was her that was the most bothered by this since she wasn’t my first choice as to who I guessed would be the most pissed.

After awhile though I had tried my best just to forget about the whole situation, and forced myself not to listen to what they were saying about me because it wasn’t worth it.

Sure I held a smug smile right now for the kiss I gave Harry right in front of them, but it was only a matter of time before one of them ended up saying something that I would really hurt my feelings and then I’d wished that I hadn’t been listening to them in the first place.

 The room got silent again when I had turned off the light in the bathroom and walked back into the room. I was planning on going to bed now, and they obviously weren’t.

As I was walking over to my bed, I realized that the only light that was on in the room was my lamp on my desk. I wanted to go to sleep, so being the bitch that they saw me as right now, I went ahead and turned the lamp off since I had every right to considering it was mine.

I heard one of the let out an annoyed sigh and soon a lamp on the other side of the room turned on. Having that one on didn’t bother me as much since it wasn’t as close to my bed as mine was. I wasn’t sure why they just didn’t go to bed now since they just stayed silent, sitting together on the floor of the room as I tried to fall asleep.

After awhile they began to talk about something else and I guess it had taken them awhile to decide what to talk about now since they had previously been talking about me until now since I was in the room with them.

They began to speak louder and louder the longer that they talked and I couldn’t help but think that they were doing that to bother me. I was hoping that they didn’t plan on talking all night, but they probably planned on talking for the majority of it.

I could only wish now that I would fall asleep faster so then they wouldn’t really be bothering me since I’d be asleep. Unfortunately though, the more that they continued to talk, the harder it was for me to even begin to fall asleep. I was so tired yet I could just not go to sleep.

After awhile my friends I’m guessing figured that I was asleep already although I didn’t know why they’d assume that if they had been purposing talking loud to make it harder for me to even go to sleep. They said my name a few times as if I was even going to respond to them, asleep or not. I wasn’t going to answer them, what was the point of letting them know that I was still awake.

I knew that they were just checking to see if I was asleep or not so they could continue on talking about me since I had interrupted their conversation earlier just by coming back into the dorm.

They had rolled their eyes at me when I had come into the room earlier and halted their conversation which I found ridiculous since they were the ones talking and gossiping about me yet they had the nerve to get irritated with me for coming back into my own dorm. So when I didn’t respond to them, they of course assumed that I was asleep and slowly made their way back into talking about tonight, not going full on into the conversation yet just in case I woke up or could hear them or something, I didn’t know, I just thought it was all ridiculous.

If they’re going to gossip they should really wait until the person, in this case me, was completely out of the room. I honestly didn’t care anymore at this point, whether I was in here or not, it wasn’t going to change any of their thoughts about me right now so they might as well just let them all out. I began to wonder what any of them might say to me tomorrow.

They didn’t say anything to me when I had come back into the dorm after that administrator made me, but I guess they weren’t really sure what to say yet since I had just kissed Harry right in front of them hardly an hour ago at that point, and really none of us were expecting it.

After about another fifteen or so minutes, my friends voices slowly began to fade out and I drifted off to sleep.