Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Nicole’s POV

Within a second after he put his lips on mine I pushed him back and away from me, my hands pushing his chest back against the wall as far from me as I can.

I heard him chuckling, “Calm down, we had to do something,” he told me.

I crossed my arms and pressed my lips together.

“You’re even more of a prude than I thought,” he laughed.

“Why’d you do that?” I asked him.

“I thought I made it very clear why I did that,” he told me.

Before I could say anything else, there was a knock at the door and a voice telling us that time was up. I stayed were I was, waiting for Harry to open the door and I didn’t walk out until he already had. Harry walked back over to the couch, but I walked back over to the table we had been at before and sat there. I didn’t want to go back to that game, and I really didn’t want to talk to Harry right now.

For the first time tonight I had no clue what to say to him and I knew if I did speak to him, I would probably end up saying something stupid now. I had been hoping that after tonight he wouldn’t think of me as the stuck up prude that he thought I was, but that has now completely backfired on me. If anything he thinks I’m even more that than he did before, I’m pretty sure he even told me that, I really couldn’t remember.

He probably thinks that I’m acting like a child right now, and I probably am, but I really didn’t care at the moment. I looked back over at the couch, and I saw Harry turned around looking at me now. I quickly looked away from him, glancing up until I knew he had turned back around. I wasn’t quite sure if I was hoping he would come over here and talk to me or not.

I figured it best he stay over there because I knew he wasn’t going to say to me what I wanted him to say right now, and while I wasn’t even quite sure what it was I wanted him to tell me, I knew he wasn’t going to.

After about ten minutes of sitting at the table, I checked the time on my phone and the party was probably set to end in about a half hour. I was getting sick and tired of being here, and I just wanted to go back to my dorm.

Unfortunately I didn’t bother to bring my key to the room with me, so now I was looking around, searching for a familiar face of one of my friends. I soon saw Liz at the snack table with Liam, so I got up form where I was sitting and quickly went over to her.

“Do you have a key to the dorm?” I asked her, completely ignoring Liam’s presence at the moment.

“Um yeah, why?” she asked as she pulled a key out of her pocket.

“I’ll tell you later,” I lied and thanked her for the key as I grabbed it out of her hand and headed out of the lounge.

“Where are you going?” I heard a voice say just as I stepped out of the lounge.

“Back to my dorm,” I told the voice without turning around to face him because I already knew who it was.

“I thought I would be the one to leave early considering I didn’t even want to come to this lame party in the first place,” Harry said.

“Then why don’t you leave if you think it’s so lame?”

“Well you’re leaving so I probably will too, I only came because you did,” he said, saying the last part a bit quieter and I heard his footsteps walking up and I saw him walk past me to the front door of the building and watched him walk out.

I let out a loud sigh and ran a hand through my hair before continuing to walk to the elevators.

He was unbelievable really.

Once the elevator had come and I got on and went up to my floor, I walked down the hall until I reached my dorm room. I stuck the key in the lock and went inside. I stripped off my jeans and the stupid pattern shirt that Christina made me wear and changed into pajama pants and a t-shirt. I walked into the bathroom and wiped all the makeup off my face with a makeup wipe.

I looked at myself in the mirror, hands now placed on the counter. I felt like I might cry and I wanted to scream. Why did he have to go and kiss me? I didn’t want him to kiss me, and if he ever did kiss me, I didn’t want it to be during a stupid game at a party, pressed up against a wall in a supply closet. And his kiss was forceful, not sweet or caring.

He did it like it was nothing; like he would’ve done it to any girl that he had to be in there with. I wondered if his name ever got called again after I had left the game to sit at one of the tables. I had forced myself not to watch the game so I wouldn’t have to see if he did or not, it was better I not know.

I didn’t understand why everything just seemed to bother me right now. I’ve only known Harry a week, I haven’t known him that long, and he just goes and kisses me. What I guess I didn’t like was that I felt like he only did it because it was part of the game. He said it himself that we had to do something because there was the chance that someone back on that couch was going to ask.

Harry wouldn’t want them to think that he was a guy that wouldn’t do anything except talk to me, that would look bad on his reputation and I knew how big of an ego that guys could have.

Harry was just sending me mixed signals. One minute he was telling me that he liked me, and then he he’s rude to me or tells me that he only kissed me because it was part of the stupid game.

I checked the time again, and the party should be ending in about ten minutes so my friends would be back soon. I tried to get myself together because I didn’t want them to sense that anything was wrong with me and ask what happened.

I just wanted them to talked amongst themselves about how the party went for them, because there was no way I could tell them about how it went for me.

Harry’s POV

I wasn’t exactly sure what compelled me to kiss her; I did it before I realized what I was doing. I just had to do it, I needed to kiss her. I couldn’t just stand in that closet and not do anything. I didn’t think she’d be as upset about it as she was though, I had thought that she was kind of, sort of starting to like me.

Once I realized that I was probably wrong though, I quickly came up with the excuse that we had to do something in the closet in case anyone asked. And while that was partially true, it wasn’t exactly the thought going through my mind when I decided to kiss her. I just thought that she would be okay with it.

We had been having such a good time tonight, she had been acting different. She had been a bit giggly at first, but she seemed to have more certainty in herself, almost flirting with me, which she’d never done before, I didn’t even think she knew how to. I guess she was just leading on a bit so I thought it was what she wanted. I should’ve known though since she was still avoiding the question that I had asked her at lunch.

I was reviewing her actions from tonight and as I walked up to my dorm building, I soon realized why she had been acting so different. It should have been more obvious to me earlier, but I guess I just didn’t think it was possible that she could’ve been drinking. She obviously had a bit alcohol before coming to the party.

I never pegged her as one to drink at all. How did she even get alcohol? I thought about walking back to her dorm building and confronting her about it, but it wasn’t worth it right now. Plus I wasn’t even sure what dorm room she was in.

I could be wrong about the alcohol, but all the signs were there. I decided just to let it all go for tonight once I was back in my dorm room.

I knew the boys probably weren’t going to be back for awhile so I went ahead and decided to take a shower, and just then it finally hit me that I had actually kissed Nicole tonight, and I didn’t regret it one bit.