Chapter 3

Scotland - Hogwarts school
of witchcraft and wizardry

It seemed as though the tweens had searched the entirety of the train and every compartment they could find. Most students were kind and understanding, others not so much, telling them to bigger off or laughing at the thought of a 'missing toad'. Hermione and (Y/n) had found Seamus in their original compartment comforting a distressed Neville. When the two girl walked into the compartment, the talked boy stood up looking hopeful, to which the girls only smiled apologetically. "Sorry Neville, I'm sure he'll turn up at some point" (Y/n) spoke trying to comfort the boy as he sat back down and sighed. "Oh my gosh, look!" Hermione exclaimed as she pointed to the window, the other three simultaneously turned their heads, curious to see what was so amazing.

Words could not explain how beautiful the sight was, nor could they explain the sheer excitement the tweens felt upon seeing it. A beautiful and mysterious medieval castle was coming into view with every window lit up as they gleamed in the darkness. The two girls' mouths hung open in amazement as the boys looked at them and laughed. Since they had all changed into their robes earlier, they rushed out of the compartment and hastily found one of the train doors where an older student with ginger hair and a red badge that read prefect on it stood, waiting to open the door.

The four friends excitedly jumped out of the train where they stood and gazed up at the beautiful castle. Hermione and (Y/n) had to put Crookshanks and Snowflake in their cages and said their goodbyes before joining Seamus and Neville again who had begun talking to a dark skinned boy who they learnt was named Dean Thomas. (Y/n) looked around at the crowd of mostly first years until her eyes laid upon the large man she had spotted in digon alley the other day. "Right! Firs years follow me to the boats! Firs years!"

(Y/n) looked at her brother grinning as Seamus did the same and followed the large crowd down to a small dock which was infront of a humongous lake that surrounded the castle. Waiting for them were many boats that had lanterns hanging from poles in the middle of the boats. The large man instructed the students saying "four to ah boat now!" (Y/n) and Hermione sat beside one another either side of the lantern in the boat as Seamus sat at the front and Neville sat at the rear. Dean went with Harry and Ron and another first year boy, and once everyone had boarded a boat, each boat pushed off from the small dock.

The boats glided smoothly across the still waters as all the students got a fantastic view of the amazing castle. Hermione and (Y/n) looked at eachother and giggle with excitement as Seamus and Neville just gazed with amazement. After the breathtaking journey across the lake, the boats reached a small boathouse at the foot of the castle where some stairs lead upwards towards it. The students exited the boats and walked in pairs up the stairs towards two large doors, (Y/n) walked with Hermione and Seamus with Neville. As they walked through the doors, they were met by another staircase that twisted and turned a little until all the students gathered in a large group and stood infront of a stern, older looking woman.

(Y/n) stood with Hermione on her left and Neville on her right. "Welcome to Hogwarts!" She spoke in a raised voice so everyone could hear her "Now in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates, but before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor. Hufflepuff. Ravenclaw. And Slytherin. Now while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule breaking and you will lose points." As she was giving her welcome speech, (Y/n) could hear a faint croaking, out of curiosity, she looked down at the floor and spotted a toad in between Ron and Seamus's feet.

Her eyes widen as she tapped Neville's hand, he turned his head to look at her, a confused look covered his face. She looked at him before nodding her head towards the toad. Neville's eyes instantly lit up "- At the end of the year, the house with the most points will be awarded the house-" "TREVOR!" Neville shouted as jumped towards the toad and knelt down to let the toad step into his hand. The stern looking woman looked down at him a little alarmed and disappointed, Neville looked up at her and gulped. He slowly stood up and nodded his head before quickly uttering "s-sorry" before stepping back into his place beside (Y/n) and Dean.