Chapter 2

Kings Cross Station - London

It was just turning 10:45 as the two tweens pushed their large trolleys that carried all of their belongings, including (Y/n)'s white cat snowflake that sat patiently in her carrier cage. She and her brother walking either side of their mother, they stopped in front of a large brick wall in between the platforms. Their mother motioned towards the wall and without hesitating, Seamus sprinted at the wall full pelt and disappeared from sight. (Y/n) stood there in shock but her mother gently held her as they both followed her twin in suit, (Y/n) squeezed her eyes shut tightly expecting painful contact with the wall but that never happened. Instead her eyes were met by a beautiful red and black steam engine with the words Hogwarts Express in bold gold letters on the front.

(Y/n)'s eyes lit up and the magical sight as she began to push her trolley towards the large train. She let a station guard take all of her belongings except for snowflake who jumped into her arms before (Y/n) could say otherwise. She and her brother kissed their mother goodbye as they went to board the train, they walked down a long corridor before finding and empty compartment and making themselves comfortable in it. A few minutes later, a brown bushy haired girl came up to the doorway of the compartment "is it ok if I sit here, I don't really know anyone else so I'm a little lonely" (Y/n) smiled at the girl before she said "oh that's fine, please do sit" Seamus smiled at his sister before the girl went and sat next to him. "I'm Hermione, Hermione Granger" she stuck her hand out to (Y/n) which she gladly shook "I'm (Y/n), (Y/n) Finnigan, and this is my twin brother Seamus" he grinned as he shook Hermione's hand "It's nice to meet someone who hasn't made (Y/n) nervous upon meeting" he and Hermione laughed whilst (Y/n) only flushed red with a little embarassment and giggled.

"I bet Hogwarts will surely open you up (Y/n), Ill make sure of that" the bushy haired girl beamed, (Y/n) only smiled feeling more comfortable. Snowflake had snuggled up against her arm, drifting off to sleep, but then she also noticed a ginger cat sitting on the other side. "What's your cat called Hermione?" "Oh, he's called crookshanks, what about yours (Y/n)?" The (H/c) haired girl cradled the small cat in her arm "Her name's Snowflake" she said softly, trying not to disturb her sleeping feline.

However all of a sudden, a small and slimy body attached itself to (Y/n)'s face from jumping causing her to scream very loudly which alarmed the other two in the compartment. Her screams were so loud that students started poking their heads out of their compartments, but after a few seconds of panicking, you felt two sweaty hands attempt to peel the creature off the girl's face. Once this happened, she finally calmed down and looked up to find a red faced boy who looked very out of breath but even more embaressed. He had a slightly chubby figure with dark brown hair and bucked front teeth, he looked at you in complete horror "oh my goodness I'm ever so sorry, Trevor kept on running away from me and I c..couldn't catch him." (Y/n) smiled and laughed a little, "it's quite alright, Im quite relieved that it was only a toad" she grinned and the red faced boy.

Seamus laughed and spoke with his thick Irish accent "why don't you sit down in here?" The blushing boy smiled a little and only nodded as to not embarass himself any further. (Y/n) looked at her brother smiling knowingly at him and he stuck out his hand to the unknown boy "I'm Seamus Finnigan, this is my sister (Y/n) and this is Hermione" once he said that, she and Hermione both waved at the new boy. The boy smiled, feeling a little more relaxed and spoke "I'm Neville, Neville Longbottom" just he said that, his toad decided to leap from his lap to attempt another epic escape. "Trevor!" Neville exclaimed as he jumped up, but didn't see which direction the amphibian had gone.

(Y/n) stood up and said "Don't worry Neville, we'll find your toad, I'll help you" she smiled kindly at Neville "A..are you sure (Y/n)? I don't mean to be any trouble" At that point, Hermione had jumped up as well and proclaimed "It's ok Neville, I'll help you look too" the brunette boy only nodded as he left the compartment. (Y/n) turned to her twin "maybe you should go help him look Seamus" Her brother nodded as he jumped up and followed in pursuit of Neville. Meanwhile Hermione and (Y/n went in the opposite direction in search of the lost toad.

They passed quite a few compartments asking if anyone had seen the toad, but much to their unfortunate luck, no one had seen it. The two girls weren't going to give up and ventured further down the long train until they came across a compartment where a raven haired boy with circular glasses and a ginger haired boy with a slightly sooty face sat in a mountain of sweets and other goodies. (Y/n) stood in awe at the impressive, whereas Hermione peered into the compartment and huffed "Has anyone seen a toad? A boy name Neville has lost one." The ginger boy, clearly annoyed shrugged and said "no?" He held his wand out, looking like he was in the middle of casting a spell. Hermione noticed this and said "oh are you doing magic? Let's see then" (Y/n) stood beside Hermione as she watched the ginger clear his throat and chant "Sunshine, Daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" All this achieved was letting the large rat emit a small yellow flash and the box of Bertie Botts he was eating to fly off his face. The ginger looked confused, he looked up to (Y/n) then to the raven haired boy who both shrugged. Hermione scoffed and said "Are you sure that's a real spell? Well it's not very good is it?"

(Y/n) looked a little shocked, nudged the girl and said under her breath "Hermione!" However the brunette didn't notice and continued "I've only tried a few simple spell myself, but they've all worked for me" she then proceeded to sit down across from the two boys, (Y/n) just stood in the doorway of the compartment watching her friend as she brought out her wand pointing it at the raven haired boy's broke glasses held together by a thin piece of tape. "For example, Occulus Reparo" she changed, causing the little piece of tape to disappear, leaving the glasses fixed. The boy's eyes widened as he gaped at what had just happened, taking his glasses off in disbelief whereas Hermione just beamed with pride before exclaiming "Holy cricket! You're Harry Potter!" (Y/n) stood in astonishment before smiling at Harry. "And you are?" The brunette had turned to face the ginger who had his face stuffed with cake "um, Ron Weasley" Hermione looked a little disgusted whereas (Y/n) only smiled kindly at the boy "Pleasure, you two better change into your robes, I expect we'll be arriving soon" she stood up and proceeded to leave the compartment before stopping at the doorway beside (Y/n) and turning to Ron "You've got dirt on your nose by the way, did you know? Just there" Ron looked annoyed before lifting his finger up to rub his nose a little.

She proceeded to leave, continuing their search for Trevor, leaving her friend at the doorway. (Y/n) smiled at the boys apologetically before saying "She means we'll, I promise, I believe she's a Muggle born so she doesn't understand floo powder Ron, don't worry about it." The ginger haired boy smiled at the kind girl before she stuck her hand out in front of the boys "I'm (Y/n), (Y/n) Finnigan, you'll meet my brother later" the boys both shook her hand smiling. "(Y/n)! Where are you?" She heard Hermione's voice from the corridor calling "I'll be off now, it was nice meeting you both, I hope we can be friends" the boys nodded as she left to continue the search for Trevor.