Chapter 6

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft
and Wizardry - Scotland

The stern professor led the two nervous tweens into the castle and through some corridors, up the stairs and around again. The more time they spent walking, the more anxious the two became. However (Y/n) had noticed that she was leading them to neither her office, nor professor Dumbledore's office. Instead, she lead them to the 3rd floor to the corridor of classrooms on the left hand side rather that the out of bounds right side. She quickly turned to them and commanded for them to wait in the corridor, then walked up to classroom 3C where Professor Quirrel was teaching a bunch of fifth years Defence against the dark arts.

The raven haired boy and the honey blonde haired girl watched curiously as McGonagall spoke to the professor from the doorway, she looked as though she was asking permission for something. Mere seconds later, she emerged from the doorway followed a chestnut haired boy with a kind and mature face. They both noticed immediately that he was a gryffindor prefect by his shiny badge. "Potter, Finnigan, this is Oliver Wood" the three of them exchanged polite nods of acknowledgement with eachother. The woman then turned excitedly to Oliver and spoke "Wood, I have found you a Seeker and replacement Beater!"

Both of them stared at her in shock, not quite knowing how to respond, stood in silence for a while, the chestnut haired boy spoke up and said "Right then, I'll meet the both of you Sunday afternoon just to make sure you get to grips with you're positions before our first game." Once this was said, the boy returned to the classroom of which he came from, the girl on the other hand was squealing with delight, startling harry a bit. "(Y/n)! What is happening? What's Quidditch" She had finally calmed down and turned to Harry and spoke "It's the most popular sport in the Wizarding world to date, it's played on brooms, Wood will explain it all on Sunday, right now I need to find Seamus and Dean to tell them!" And with that, the girl raced off up the stairs towards the seventh floor.

Once she got into the common room, she scrambled up the stairs to the boys dormitory and burst in to find Dean and Seamus sat on their beds talking "Guys! Guys! I made the house team!" She squealed with delight. Seamus jumped up in delight and hugged his sister tightly while Dean cheered from his bed, half confused as to what was going on. Later on, the three of them were walking to the hospital wing to go and see Neville, on the way they met up with Ron and Harry talking about (Y/n) and Harry being the youngest quidditch players of the century. Soon after, Fred and George came up behind them and congratulated them both "Well done you two, Wood's just told us" Ron interjected "Fred and George are on the team too, beaters!" "Our job, is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too bad" he proclaimed pointing at Harry

"Can't make any promises though, rough game quidditch" "Brutal, but no one's died in years, someone will vanish occasionally" "But they'll turn up in a month or two!" After the 'helpful' pep talk, Harry and Ron turned into the courtyard, leaving the trio with the ginger twins. (Y/n) turned towards them both with a confused look "Hang on, McGonagall said 'replacement beater', I thought you two were beaters" The twins turned to the small girl and grinned "Well yes that is right, however, one of our chasers, namely Alicia Spinnet, has had a serious injury in her right arm preventing her from playing for the next two years, she'll be fine, but we needed a replacement chaser." "Now, George over here can play in the position of Chaser, but then we needed another beater, that's where you come into the equation"

By this time, Seamus and Dean had left to go to the hospital wing, leaving the girl with the two ginger twins "Wood's told us that McGonagall has never seen a beater with more natural talent than you" the honey blonde haired girl blushed modestly "I always liked going to quidditch matches in Ireland with my mam and brother, I guess I picked up some of the moves" The two boys looked at eachother and chuckled a little "No wonder you have such talent, Ireland have the best team in the world!" Fred picked up the small girl and put her on his back "We'll get you up to speed on Sunday" George nodded "Yeah, Wood will be working with Harry since he's never even seen Quidditch being played, meanwhile we'll be working with you to make sure you understand our manoeuvres properly. The girl nodded enthusiastically and said "Hey, since I'm up here, can you take me to the hospital wing, my friend is in there with a broken wrist"