Chapter 13

England, London, Charing
Cross road, Diagon Alley

"Now play nicely Draco" spoke a tall man with straight, long platinum blonde hair, much like Draco's. (Y/n) glanced up at the tall man, a little intimidated at the cold and sinister look on his face. He smirked at Harry with anything but friendly intentions "Mr Potter" his face turned to a glare whilst Harry stood his ground, not intimidated by the man whatsoever. "Lucius Malfoy" he introduced himself, reaching his hand out to shake Harry's. (Y/n) stood off to the side next to Fred at the end of the group, watching the scene unfold. "Forgive me" The older man spoke as he yanked Harry towards him, using his cane with a silver sculpted snake end to brush the raven haired boy's fringe put of the way.

"Your scar is legendary, much like the wizard who gave it to you" he spoke with a sickly obnoxious tone. The second year boy yanked his hand away "Voldemort was nothing more than a murderer!" He spoke almost angrily. Lucius looked rather surprised at the young male in front of him "You speak his name?!" He whispered a little. "Fear of a name only increases the fear of the thing itself" Hermione spoke up trying to defend Harry. The tall man look over at the brunette, his eyes narrowed "And you must be, Miss Granger" he spoke, looking to Draco for confirmation to which he nodded.

"Yes yes, Draco has told me all about you, and your parents" he spoke bitterly as he eyed Mr and Mrs Granger talking to Mrs Weasley. "What is there to tell? They're just like any other parents in the wizarding world, regardless of if they're muggles or not" (Y/n) spoke up, glaring at Mr Malfoy with disgust. He looked down at the small girl, almost as if he hadn't noticed her, "ah, this must be Miss Finnigan" he spoke as Draco once again nodded, Lucius grabbed the sleeve of her jumper and yanked her towards him, and leant down as he spoke lowly in her ear "You will listen to me well girl, stay away from my son, half bloods like you don't mix with us, I will put a stop to you alienating my son forever"

He let go of her sleeve as George gently pulled her back towards him, pushing her behind himself, almost protecting her. He turned to Ron and started to ridicule the Weasleys, Fred and George getting more and more angry by the minute, that is until Arthur decided to step in. Out of nowhere, the two men began to scuffle, Ron held onto Ginny, trying to protect her from the conflict, as did Harry with Hermione and the twins with (Y/n). Hagrid had to step in eventually, pulling the two men apart.

Lucius composed himself and hurriedly whisked Draco out of the shop very quickly. (Y/n) never forgot that day, even when she found herself loading her trunk onto the Hogwarts Express with Snowflake hung lazily on her shoulders. She helped Ginny with her trunk as they got on the train and found an empty compartment together. Strangely, Harry and Ron were nowhere to be seen considering they were right behind them at the barrier. Hermione wasn't there either, probably in another compartment elsewhere. The honey blonde girl stared out of the window, replaying the events from the week before, she had never seen the side of Mr Weasley that was demonstrated that day.

Suddenly, the compartment door slid open slowly as a pale girl with wispy blonde hair poked her head in. "Do you two mind if I sit in here? The rest of the compartments are full and no one seems willing to let me sit with them" she spoke with a dreamy voice. (Y/n) smiled at her and nodded as Ginny did the same. The blonde girl sat next to (Y/n) "She's lovely, whats her name?" She asked looking at the dozy cat on (Y/n)'s shoulders. "Her name's Snowflake, and my name's (Y/n) Finnigan, this is Ginny Weasley" the girl added, motioning to the ginger across from her. "Nice to meet you both, I'm Luna Lovegood."

"Wait, Lovegood? Like Xenophilias Lovegood? The author of the Quibbler?" (Y/n) questioned the girl next to her. "Yes actually, have you read it?" She asked. (Y/n) smiled "I have, although I must admit, It doesn't deserve nearly as much criticism as it does, I think it's very insightful and innovative" she explained. For the rest of the journey, she, Luna and Ginny talked and talked about hobbies, books, you name it. Once at Hogsmeade station, she said goodbye to Ginny and Luna as they made their way to the boats while she found Hermione, Dean, Neville and her brother who all climbed into a carriage and began catching up with eachother.