Chapter 14

Scotland - Hogwarts school
Of Witchcraft and Wizardry

The whole classroom was total chaos, papers flying everywhere, artefacts being broken and students being harassed by the little blue creatures. "Stop thrashing everyone! It only encourages them!" (Y/n) shouted, causing a few students to heed her words, however poor Neville was already being pulled by his ears upwards by two pixies. "Neville!" The girl shouted, jumping on top of a desk to grab his hand but the pixies were to quick, ultimately hanging him from the chandelier in the room. At this point, Hermione had had enough, quickly whipping out her wand and pointing it at the array of blue creatures causing havoc.

"IMMOBULUS!" She shouted, silence pierced the room as each pixies froze and floated in the air paralysed. (Y/n) let out a sigh of relief and hugged her brunette friend. "How long have we got to get them back in the cage?" the honey-blonde asked her friend. Hermione merely shrugged "I'd say about fifteen minutes" her friend nodding in response. The room was a mess, benches were flipped, books and paper everywhere and the skeleton diorama littered the floor. "Why is it always me?" A voice spoke out, prompting the two girls to look up to find an exasperated Neville hanging by his cloak.

"I'll get you down Neville. Harry, Ron, help Hermione with the pixies won't you?" (Y/n) asked walking to the latch on the wall that lowered the chandelier down to the floor. Soon pixies were being plucked from the air and placed in the cage as (Y/n) started to turn the latch to lower poor Neville. "Dean, can you help me please?" she asked, struggling with the stiff latch. Eventually, Neville was lowered to the ground around about the same time their pathetic Professor emerged from his office. He abruptly dismissed the class laughing sheepishly but everyone knew there was no way he'd admit any fault.

The next day, Wood had called for quidditch practice, everyone had their quidditch uniforms on, (Y/n) grabbing her bag and new broom, walked down the stairs with Fred and George to find everyone else in the Great hall. Wood led the group of red and gold down the corridor to the courtyard "We are winning the cup this year, we're going to train harder, longer and more often" he announced whilst walking. However, (Y/n) managed to spot a sea of green mixed with silver which wasn't the courtyard "Isn't that Flint?" She asked Wood pointing, "What? Oh I don't believe it" he exclaimed as the two team met.

"What are you doing out here Flint? I booked the quidditch pitch for Gryffindor today" Wood spoke trying to remain calm. "Hold it Wood, I've got a note" he replied, pulling out a rolled piece of parchment, handing it to Wood. " 'I Professor Snape, do hereby grant the Slytherin team permission to use the pitch to train their new seeker' You've got a new seeker? Who?" Wood asked after reading the scroll aloud. Suddenly some of the Slytherin players moved aside and Draco stepped forward smirking with a black Nimbus Two Thousand and One.

"Malfoy?" Harry asked in amused disbelief to which Draco scoffed "That's right, and that's not all that's new this year" he held out his broom. "Those are Nimbus Two Thousand and Ones! How did you get those?" Ron exclaimed having just walked over with Hermione. "A gift from Draco's father" Flint smirked, "See Weasley unlike some, my father can afford the best" Draco snarkily remarked. "Having a fast broom doesn't automatically make a team better than anyone else" (Y/n) spoke, trying to defuse the situation as calmly as possible before Hermione chimed in.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in, they got in on pure talent" she spoke with an as a matter of fact tone. The platinum haired boy glared at (Y/n), ultimately saying nothing to her but directed his attention to the bushy haired brunette. "No one asked your opinion! You filthy little Mudblood" his sneered. The emerald eyed girl stood stunned at what was just said as much as Hermione was, but from the tone of voice, (Y/n) could tell Draco was putting on a show, she just couldn't understand why. Draco then went on to insult the Weasleys, Harry having to hold George back while Hermione held Ron and Fred somehow remained eerily calm.