Chapter 17

Scotland - Hogwarts School
Of Witchcraft and Wizardry

A cacophony of scribbles could be heard throughout the room as students hastily wrote on pieces of parchment, trying to finish homework. (Y/n) sat in front of Ginny who was almost mirroring her motions, the two girls whispered about what had gone on in the common room. Of course the honey blonde girl didn't let slip what Harry yelled at her about, but described how she felt quite hurt by this, to which Ginny tried to comfort her. Luna had also entered the room and had sat next to (Y/n) "hello you two, how are you both?" She spoke in her dreamy voice as she pulled out her quills and ink. "I'm not too good right now Luna" (Y/n) spoke sadly but still managed to smile slightly.

The silvery blonde hair girl smiled as she gently took the girl's hand "you know my dad always says our troubles can only be stopped when we choose to face them" the girl sighed but nodded in agreement "you're right, but I can't face them just yet, I need time." Luna smiled and started on a fresh piece of parchment and began writing her charms homework. Looking up, (Y/n) noticed Ginny sullenly looking across the room before returning to her work. "I'm still not happy about how Harry spoke to you" Ginny spoke through gritted teeth. "Oh that's what you were glaring at? Ginny please, don't be too harsh" (Y/n) pleaded to her friend.

Later that evening, everyone was informed of the tragic attack on Sir Nicholas and Justin Finch-Fletchly and was urged to return hastily back to their houses. (Y/n) managed to catch her Hufflepuff friends, Hannah About and Susan Bones, to confort them knowing that they'd be distressed over their good friend. Justin was very kind to the girl in Herbology, giving her tips and help when she needed it, to which she was always grateful. But now that he was in this state, it upset the girl deeply. That evening in the boy's dorm, (Y/n) sat next to Neville on his bed staring at the floor while he tried to console her. Seamus and Dean sat on the floor in front of her, seeing his twin this distressed was hard for Seamus to endure.

He opened up his arms to the girl, beckoning her towards him, to which she stood slowly and sat beside him, wrapping her arms around his neck and burying her face into his shoulder. The pair had always stuck together, through thick and thin, so similar yet so different, Seamus loved (Y/n) more than anything and anyone in the world. Being the older sibling (as he always proclaimed being 3 minutes older) he protected his sister with his life. "Thank you deartháir" she whispered in his ear as she wiped her glassy eyes and started to smile again. The name always made Seamus smile, it meant brother in Irish gaelic "You're welcome Saileach"

Just over a week later, (Y/n) was walking by herself to dinner since she had stayed behind in the dorm to read yet another book on magical creatures she had borrowed from the library. She had just reached the bottom of the stairs outside the Great hall when she spotted Crabbe and Goyle walking out with their arms loaded with cakes and desserts. They stuffed their faces like pigs, until they came across two cupcakes floating in the air. The honey blonde noticed Harry and Ron round a corner, Harry had his wand pointed at the floating cakes. The two gluttonous boys were about to grab the flying delicacies when Ron let out and awfully times sneeze.

The two Slytherins were about to turn around when the witty Gryffindor came up with a plan and tripped over her feet, dropping all of her books in front of them. They began to laugh and ridicule her as they took rather large bites of the soft looking sponge. Suddenly, their cruel laughter stopped abruptly as they turned to look at eachother with worry dripping from their faces. All of a sudden, they dropped to the floor, letting all of the sticky buns and sweets fall out of their arms. (Y/n) grinned mischievously, she always wanted to get back at the two boys for picking on Neville and Seamus. Harry and Ron let out a sigh of relief as they came out of their hiding spots, meanwhile (Y/n) picked herself up and dusted off her cloak and retrieved her books.