Chapter 19

Scotland - Hogwarts school
Of Witchcraft and Wizardry

The ginger and honey blonde looked at eachother in alarm as Harry stared at the pair in front of him; he was ready to face the truth. (Y/n) brushed her shoulder length hair out from in front of her eyes, trying to contain her silent tears, "when?" she asked quietly. "Tonight, but no one can know we're doing this, clear?" Harry declared more than asked. Ron and (Y/n) just nodded in agreement, knowing this was their final option, something needed to be done about the attacks, and waiting around wasn't going to solve anything.

That evening, the trio dressed in warm clothes to go out into the dark grounds, bringing along Harry's invisibility cloak just in case. They got to Hagrids hut and hastily knocked on the door, to which was opened by the gentle giant with his crossbow in hand. "Hagrid?!" (Y/n) spoke rather shocked by his stance. "Oh, it's you three, sorry, I thought you were.... Come in." He ushered the three into his cosy hut and shut the door swiftly behind them. He nervously paced around his hut as the three sat down in some of his chairs. The half giant picked up the kettle that was now whistling off the fire and placed it on the table.

"Hagrid, we need to talk, about-" Harry started before Hagrid quickly cut him off "-before you say anything, it wasn't me, I'm innocent" he said as he say down in his big chair. "But Harry saw you, he said you were with the creature, that you had to have been the one to open the chamber of secrets" (Y/n) argued, trying not to get upset at the sight of a distressed Hagrid. "That's tha thing, I wasn't ter one to open them chambers wha ave you, yes I was expelled in my time at 'ogwarts, but it wasn't for tha."

Suddenly, there was a knock at his door "under the cloak all three o yer" Hagrid instructed before grabbing his crossbow and throwing the cloak over them. They watched as he opened the door to reveal the head master and another man whom they didn't recognise. Hagrid lowered his crossbow "professor Dumbledor sir, Minister, please do come in" he let the two men walk past him into his house. "That's dad's boss! Cornelius Fudge, minister of magic." Ron whispered to the two under the cloak with him.

The minister was a rather plump man with curly grey hair, he wore a rather serious look upon his face "bad business I'm afraid Hagrid, very bad business. Had to come, three attacks on three Muggle borns, things have gone far enough, the ministry has got to act" (Y/n) shivered at the words being spoken as she listened closely. "Surely not, you know I'd never do anything of the sort Sir!" Hagrid protested towards the man with the two foot long beard. "I want it understood Cornelius, that Hagrid has my full confidence" the headmaster spoke with a calm voice that calmed the three Gryffindors underneath the cloak.

"Look Albus, Hagrid's record is against him, I've got to take him" the minister sighed. Hagrid looked alarmed "Take me? Take me where? Not Azkaban prison!" (Y/n) was about to gasp before she felt a palm over her mouth, looking over, she saw that Harry was the one the hand belonged to. "I'm afraid we have no choice Hagrid" the minister said sorrowfully. Just then the wooden door to the hut swung open, revealing a tall man with a platinum blonde ponytail whom the trio recognised to be Draco's father, Lucius Malfoy.

"Already here Fudge, good" he announced as he sauntered into the hut uninvited. The small girl's fists clenched as she tried to hide her utter disdain and hatred for the disgusting man. "What're you doing 'ere? Get outta my 'ouse!" Hagrid spoke with a gruff and confrontational tone. Lucius just smirked, "Believe me, I take absolutely no pleasure in being inside your......you call this a house?" (Y/n) was ready to lunge for the man but Ron kept a firm grip on her shoulders, holding her back. "No, I simply called up the school and was told the Headmaster was here." Lucius finished as he now faced Professor Dumbledore.

"And what is it exactly you want with me?" the headmaster asked calmly. The blonde man's face turned sour, "The other governors and I have decided it's time for you to step aside." The long bearded man's expression did not change as Lucius held up a scroll of parchment, "This is an order of suspension" he spoke as he walked over to the older gentleman and went to hand the scroll over. Fudge looked as though he was about to intercept the parchment but the headmaster stopped him. "You'll find all twelve signatures on there including mine" Lucius said smugly. He handed the order to Dumbledore.