Chapter 23

London, Kings Cross Station

"Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Mass murderer Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban!" A man shouted on the platform as he sold numerous copies of the daily prophet. (Y/n) took out a bronze Knut and handed it to the man who supplied her with a newspaper. She didn't like reading the gossip that Rita Skeeter wrote about and instead, read it for the Quidditch section. Tucking it in her satchel which hung at her side, she couldn't contain her excitement to not only see her friends again, but to see the wonderful castle of Hogwarts. Over the summer, her volunteering had brought back her cheerful spirit.

She no longer had nightmares and was as cheerful as could be which made her family relieved beyond belief. She still pondered over what Mrs Longbottom had said about her aunt Orla, but decided not to ask her mam as she knew how close the pair were when they were children. Pulling her from her thoughts, the station guard hauled her trunk and was about to take Snowflake when she stopped him, allowing the cat to curl up lazily on her shoulder. Both Seamus and (Y/n) kissed their mam goodbye as they got onto the already busy train.

Seamus dragged his sister into an empty compartment and they sat down. Students passed through the corridor, some with house Quidditch jumpers, others with arms full of sweets and books. This gave the twins a chance to talk properly. "I'm glad you're smiling again Saileach, but I have to ask, how long is your hair even now?" Seamus inquired. The girl sighed "Deartháir, it's still painful to think about." Seamus smiled and sat next to (Y/n) wrapped his arm around her, hugging her tightly.

Shortly after the train had left Kings Cross, Dean, Neville and Ginny walked in and sat down. The group caught up with eachother, talking about their summers while Neville and (Y/n) looked at eachother and blushed. Everyone was excited for the new year at Hogwarts but Ginny brought up the worrying current events. "Did you hear? Sirius Black has escaped from Azkaban" she exclaimed. Dean frowned, "Who's Sirius Black? And what's Azkaban?" He asked. (Y/n) reached into her satchel and pulled out the newspaper, pointing to the front page "This is Sirius Black, apparently he murdered 12 muggles and a wizard." She explained while the front page picture showed a man holding his inmate number and screaming in anger.

"Apparently mam went to Hogwarts with him, said he was always one for getting into trouble." Seamus added. During the conversation, it had started raining hard, autumn was definitely coming. After a while, (Y/n) rose from her seat and left her lazy cat on Neville's lap who petted her as she purred happily. Leaving the compartment, she went on the search to find Harry, Ron and Hermione. Just as she left, she bumped into Luna, "Hi Luna, how are you?" (Y/n) asked hugging Luna. "Oh I'm very well (Y/n), I hope you're feeling better, I was so happy to hear that you cheered up in your letters." She said in her dreamy voice.

"Yes I'm feeling so much better, I'm so excited for school though, anyway, I'm trying to find Harry and the others, have you seen them?" She asked. Luna smiled and nodded, pointing behind her, "four compartments down, you can't miss them." (Y/n) thanked her Ravenclaw friend and walked past her towards the compartment. Sliding the door open, she grinned at the trio, before closing the door behind her and sitting next to Harry. They all smiled at the sight of their friend although Harry made a face that suggested he was feeling upset not too long ago. "Are you alright Harry? You look....not yourself." She pointed out

Harry looked to Ron and Hermione before sighing "Apparently Sirius Black is out to get me, that he's a follower of Voldemort and he's going to attempt to kill me this year." The girl stared at him, shocked and at a loss for words. "What are you going to do then?" She asked. "Well, Hogwarts is one of the most secure places in the wizarding world, that makes me feel slightly better." Harry explained calmly. "Harry, Azkaban was supposed to be the most secure place in the Wizarding world, it's in the middle of the ocean, with dark creatures guarding it." (Y/n) added before turning her attention to the man asleep in the corner of the compartment.