Chapter 1

Diagon alley - London

Stood with her mother, she gazed at all the pretty shop windows filled to the brim with supplies, food and other wonderfully magical things. Her twin brother had already raced towards Ollivanders to retrieve his wand. She felt hesitant, unsure of this new world. Of course all her life, (Y/n) knew of the wizarding world and that her mother was a very wonderful and gifted witch, but up until now, she had never fully experienced it. Mostly because her father was a Muggle, he fully supported his wife and he knew that there was a good chance that his two children would be a witch and a wizard. But since they lived in a little Muggle village in Ireland, a low profile was a must at all costs.

Her mother bent down to her smiling, and in her thick Irish accent said "go on (Y/n), there's nothing to be afraid of, I'm right behind you". She was a kind witch with a comforting smile, (Y/n) had never picked up her mother's thick accent, which was surprising given her brother had picked it up very early on. Speaking of him, he ran up to (y/n) and spoke excitedly "come on (Y/n) let's go get our wands" he grabbed her hand and dragged her along behind him running. After a while, the tweens stopped outside an old looking shop that read: Makers of fine wands since 382 B.C.

Feeling a little more courage, (Y/n) reached out her hand to the old looking handle on the door and opened it. She and her brother stepped into an old and dusty room filled to the brim with long rectangular boxes that looked quite old. Her brother stepped forward, quite bit more brave then (Y/n) and yelled just above a whisper "Hello?". Suddenly from around a corner came an old man with grey curly hair who (Y/n) could only assume was Mr Ollivander. The man smiled and said "ah young Mr and miss Finnigan" (Y/n) stayed silent, unsure of how to respond given he knew their names. Seamus just smiled and said "we're here to buy our first wands" The man nodded "ah yes, first years off to Hogwarts I presume?" The twins both nodded, Seamus being a little more enthusiastic than (Y/n).

Mr Ollivander turned and left round the corner he came, the tweens watched him with eager eyes "I remember the first time your mother entered this shop, she set that plant in my vase on fire" Seamus went wide eyed and (Y/n) giggled. Soon Mr Ollivander came back with two boxes, one was pushed in front of Seamus and the other in front of (Y/n). He opened them up and gently handed the wands to the twins, Seamus, a little too excited, waved the wand and caused a table to be knocked over. Mr Ollivander shook his head "apparently not" Seamus placed it back into the counter. (Y/n) on the other hand was a different story, a beautiful blue shaded lighted was emitted from the tip of the wand. Mr Ollivander smiled "ah, 10 and a half inches, elm and dragon heartstring, treat your wand carefully miss Finnigan" the small girl nodded and examined the wand. It was a beautiful rich brown colour with a braided design wrapping around the wand.

After a few trys, Mr Ollivander finally managed to find a wand that suited Seamus, a bit hastily found given almost half of the shop was in pieces, the tweens handed over some money, paying for their wands and left the shop. Then, the tweens reunited with their mother and went around all the other shops collecting all the equipment and supplies they needed from their hogwarts letters. Once leaving madam malkins robes for all occasions with their uniforms, out of the corner of her eye, she saw a beautifully crafted quidditch bat in a shop window. She stared at it in awe, however she also spotted a young raven haired boy in a rough looking shirt with a tall black haired man. The girl thought nothing of it and continued to walk with her brother and mother down the crowded road.

(Y/n) whispered to her brother Seamus about the bat she had seen, he only rolled his eyes at her words "you know dad won't like that (Y/n), besides mam said that first years can't try out for quidditch, well at least that's what she says, there's no formal rule but there's never been a first year quidditch player" (Y/n) stared at the floor for a while before smiling at her twin "well I guess I'll just have to be the first one" Seamus smiled and gave his twin a quick hug "sure you will Saileach" (Y/n) loved the little nickname Seamus gave her when they were little, it meant 'Willow' in Irish Gaelic. He named her after the beautiful willow tree just beside the river near their house.

Finally, after a while of shopping and getting pushed around in the crowd trying to gather all they needed for the new school year, they were set. Seamus and (Y/n) grinned at all their new supplies and they walked back with their mother to a fireplace to travel back to their home by floo powder. Covered in soot, the twin ran up to their shared bedroom so that they could start packing for school. Their trunks both looking quite similar however Seamus was having a little trouble getting his trunk closed, (Y/n) came over towards him and opened the trunk "Seamus, did you get mam to cast a charm on your trunk to make it deeper than it looks?" He shook his head and as if on queue they both yelled at the same time "MAM!" and giggle as they could hear their parent laughing downstairs. The twins were very similar, almost as if they were the same personality, but Seamus was always a lot louder than (Y/n). It didn't mean she was any less brave than he, she was just a bit socially awkward.