Chapter 20

Scotland - Hogwarts school
Of Witchcraft and Wizardry

The next day was awful, not one of them had slept the night before, worrying about who would be next or when or why. Time went by excruciatingly slowly, (Y/n) could even feel it when she was sat on her own in the common room with Ginny. The honey blonde girl had noticed that the youngest Weasley had been acting off recently, she looked more tired, more pale and definitely less cheerful that usual. She sat with her at a table where they were both doing homework, at least that's what (Y/n) was doing. She sighed as she dipped her quill into the ink for about the hundredth time to continue to scribble on the piece of parchment.

Ginny's quill had stopped scratching at the parchment, her eyes glued to the girl in front her. The lack of noise prompted (Y/n) to look up from her work, to her surprise, she was met by her ginger friend's hazel irises staring at her. She placed down her quill, "Are you alright Gin? You've been really off recently" (Y/n) asked, searching for any sign of reassurance in Ginny's eyes, but to no avail. Ginny stood up "He is finally strong, it will be complete" she monotonously droaned with no life in her voice. "Gin what are you talking about? I should go and get someone, you aren't yourself" the older girl announced and stood up, eyeing the black notebook Ginny was clutching.

She turned her back and headed for the fat lady's painting until she heard the ginger speak "Imperio!". She stopped dead in her tracks, her vision went black but she could still feel her body moving. However, she was not able to voluntarily move her limbs, instead, they moved on their own. She felt her legs start to move in a direction of which she could only assume she was following Ginny. After a while, she lost consciousness of what was happening, she could no longer feel anything, everything was black. She remained in this state for what felt like years until she felt the curse leave her body, causing her to fall onto a cold and wet floor.

She inhaled sharply and deeply whilst trying to regain her vision. Her surroundings had change drastically, instead of the warm and comforting sight of the Gryffindor common room, she was met by an eerie opening that lead out from some narrow pipelines.
She sat up slowly, her breaths were shakey and quiet. Slowly standing up, she turned around to see Ginny lying on the floor lifelessly. (Y/n) gasped as she hurried to he friend's side, she shook the ginger girl's shoulders "Gin! Cmon, wake up please! You can't be dead, not now!". Suddenly, she heard footsteps behind her, progressively coming closer and closer.

She turned her head to see an older boy with dark hair and Slytherin robes. His face was pale and held no emotion as he stared at the sight before him. "Please! You have to help me, she's not waking up!" (Y/n) pleaded to the boy. He knelt down beside her, examining Ginny's lifeless body before turning to the honey blonde girl "Who are you both?" He asked as he held up Ginny's icy cold hand. "I'm (Y/n) Finnigan and her name is Ginny Weasley, who are you and what is wrong with her?" She answered trembling. The boy set Ginny's hand down "she's growing weaker by the minute, as I grow stronger" he proclaimed, standing up.

(Y/n)'s eyes widened when she heard what he said. She stood slowly and faced him, swallowing the large lump in her throat. "What have you done to her? Tell me now!" She screamed as she reached for her wand, but to her dismay, it wasn't in her robe pocket. She panicked as she rummaged around in all the possible placed it could be before noticing the older boy twirling something between his fingers. It was her wand! "You see (Y/n), didn't your mother ever tell you not to get too close to strangers? I can't imagine you'd be able to do anything to me even if you did possess your wand." He taunted smugly

He pointed the tip of the wand at her "Imperio" he spoke as the familiar sensation of the curse wafted over to the girl in front of him. Her vision went dark again as she felt her limbs move on their own once again. "Now, you will be used as a token of bargain in case the boy doesn't need the other pathetic girl" he explained, knowing full well (Y/n) couldn't hear him.