Chapter 26

Scottish Highlands - Hogwarts
School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Thankfully, the next few days for (Y/n) were rather peaceful, her back had healed tremendously with no further problems. Hermione had stopped by in the afternoon by the request of the honey blonde Gryffindor to help her with the work she had missed which happened to be charms, transfiguration and potions. Once satisfied with their progress, the pair of girls were finally able to leave the hospital wing with firm words of caution from Madam Pomfrey.

"Please Miss Finnegan, I don't want to see you back in here at all for the rest of the year."

The girl smiled and nodded whilst she walked with her brunette friend to the Great hall, arms linked and chatting away happily to eachother. Along the way, they were greeted by some kind words of sympathy from other students who had witnessed the girl's fall. "I'm fine, really, besides it wasn't Buckbeak's fault." She stated before thanking them for their kindness.

Once sat with the rest of her house mates, (Y/n) felt happy and relaxed as she leaned her head on Neville's shoulder, watching him complete his charms homework. Just then, a loud crash was heard from outside the hall as two ghosts on horses smashed through the window cheering as they galloped into the hall at speed with the horses letting out loud whinnies.

"Does it hurt terribly Draco?"

(Y/n)'s head lifted up as she heard the voice of Pansy Parkinson. She rolled her eyes as she listened for the response, "It comes and goes. Still, I consider myself lucky, without Madam Pomfrey, a moment or two longer, could've lost my arm!" Draco exaggerated. (Y/n) sniggered as she tried to ignore his words. "Listen to him! He's really laying it on thick isn't he?" Ron pointed out in disbelief.

"Yeah but at least Hagrid didn't get fired" Harry said with a hint of relief.

"But I've heard Draco's father is furious, we haven't heard the end of this." Hermione added sighing.

"But Professor Dumbledore knows Hagrid, he knows that he'd never intentionally hurt any of the students, he doesn't have the heart, Hagrid won't lose his job, trust me." (Y/n) leaned over to the trio, scooting closer to Hermione who smiled at her, nodding in agreement. "The only person who genuinely got hurt that day was you (Y/n), how he got away with staying in the hospital wing as long as he did is beyond me." Ron said in exasperation.

"He's been sighted he's been sighted!" Seamus yelled as he ran throught the hall doors. "Who?" Dean asked, "Sirius Black!" Seamus announced.

He slammed down the copy of the daily prophet onto the table between (Y/n) and Neville who both looked at him with slight alarm. Hermione leaned over to inspect the front page, "Dufftown?! That's not far from here!" She exclaimed. "You don't think he'll come to Hogwarts....do you?" Neville asked nervously. "He's already slipped past the dementors once, who's to say he won't do it again!" Seamus spoke bluntly, hugging his sister from behind protectively as if Sirius Black would burst through the doors at any second.

"That's right, Black could be anywhere." Spoke one of the Gryffindors who spent a lot of time studying divination. "It's like trying to catch smoke, like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands!" He finished which sent shivers down all the third year's backs. (Y/n) shuddered at the sight of the insane looking photograph of Sirius Black being restrained by what looked to be chains and aurors. She grabbed Seamus' hand for comfort, trying to look at anything but the photo.

A few days later, it was a cool but crisp Friday morning. Just before breakfast, (Y/n) raced past all of the Gryffindors who were still trying to wake up. Already in her school robes, she sped down the stairs, through the courtyard and across the bridge. From the top of the hill, she spied the large trees that filled the forbidden forest, all green and healthy looking. She breathed in gently, inhaling the strong scent of pine and damp earth for it had been raining a lot recently.