Chapter 10

Scottish Highlands - Hogwarts
School of Witchcraft and
Wizardry

Two days has passed since the incident, Harry had been in the hospital wing after his encounter with 'You-know-who' which had caused him to be unconscious for a few days. (Y/n) had made it her priority to see him when she could, mostly with Hermione and Ron who had told her everything. The first year had wished so dearly that she could've been down there to help the trio out, but she had however managed to save her best friend from an unfortunate fate. Neville was very grateful to her, words could not explain how lucky he was to have a friend like her.

Hermione had taken it upon herself to apologize greatly to Neville, but regardless of the 'betrayal', he forgave her with a smile. That day was the final day of term, everyone was happy, sad hopeful, you name it. The honey blonde girl was happy to be going back to Ireland, looking forward to all the quidditch matches her mam would take her and Seamus to. For the last few days, (Y/n) and Seamus had been writing to their mam, explaining what had happened to (Y/n) and what they had achieved that year.

Recieving letters back from her with words of kindness, encouragement and how proud she was of her two little sorcerers. Seamus and (Y/n) would often read them together on his bed in his dorm or at the breakfast table. The year hadn't been easy by any means, but that didn't stop them looking forward to their second year. Seamus and (Y/n) had made so many good friends, from Gryffindor and other houses.

That afternoon, (Y/n) was sat with Dean and Neville on the sofa in front of the fire in the common room. The small girl inbetween them was off on a rambling session, going on about all of the creatures they would get to interact with in future years while the two boys just sat and listened to her. Footsteps were heard coming from the portrait entrance which eventually revealled Harry from round the corner. The girl smiled and jumped up to go and hug the raven haired boy who engulfed her in his arms.

She smiled at him and nodded before sitting back down to let him speak to the brunette and ginger who were speaking on the balcony above the common room. Neville had begun talking to Dean about what they were going to do over the summer. "You know, we should make sure to write to eachother over the summer" Dean declared "I'll remind Seamus if he ever forgets" (Y/n) reassured them.

"I just hope my gran doesn't assume anything, she doesn't think I'm capable of being friends with girls, she wants me to be more masculine" Neville spoke sadly. The girl beside him rested her head on his shoulder as she stared at the fire "I think you're perfectly fine the way you are Nev, you don't need to change yourself for anyone" The boy smiled and sighed, knowing his gran was one tough nut to crack.

For the rest of the afternoon, the first years began to pack their trunks, ready to travel back home to their families. The twins had approached (Y/n) during this, asking her if she'd like to spend the last week's of summer at the burrow. Excitedly, she accepted knowing that her mother was familiar with Mrs Weasley from the letters exchanged between (Y/n) and her. Once her trunk was packed, she left it in her dorm and rode down the stairs on Fred's back while  George walked behind them, placing Fred and (Y/n)'s hats on their heads on their way down to the great hall.

Fred put her down in front of the hall and walked in with the shorter female and his brother. She sat down between Neville and her twin brother across from the Weasley twins. Soon after, Harry and Hermione joined them with Ron and Dean following close behind the duo. Everyone in tall pointy black hats and tapestries of green and silver hug from the endless ceiling signifying the house of Salazar Slytherin. The Gryffindors sat a little disappointed at the sight of their rival house achieving the glory they thought was undeserving.

Draco smirked over at the Gryffindors smugly while some gave him dirty looks. Professor Dumbledore rose from his seat to address the audience before him. The chattering noise died down and he spoke "Another year gone." He began, the students watching him with great admiration and interest. "And now as I understand it, the house cup still needs awarding. And the points stand thus. In fourth place, Gryffindor with three hundred and twelve points" the room began clapping as the Gryffindors looked at their plates and groaned with disappointment. "Third place, Hufflepuff with three hundred and fifty two points"