Chapter 11

Devon, England, Ottery
St Catchpole - The Burrow

Nothing, absolutely nothing. The emerald eyed girl had been pondering the entirety of the summer, wondering why on earth she had heard nothing from her raven haired friend. It saddened her, the possibility of him ignoring all her letters, however she soon figured out that there was clearly something wrong. Every one of her friends she had written to had said the exact same thing, no response from Harry, not one single letter.

Of course, this wasn't the only thing (Y/n) had focused on during the summer holidays, she had celebrated her's and Seamus' birthday, receiving so many presents from her friends by owl, all except Harry of course. Delighted to have been given a new broomstick by her mam, she couldn't wait to try it out, although it wasn't even a possibility to use it at home. They would usually go to the valley near their village in the car, but their father had no time after their birthday to drive them there and their mother obviously never learnt how to drive. Seamus had received a book on duelling given his 'explosive' nature and his fascination with the subject.

(Y/n) often dreamed of being back at hogwarts, the beautiful clear Wednesday nights when she'd gently rub the sleep out of her eyes to go up to the astronomy tower at midnight to gaze up at the stars with her telescope, being taught each constellation and its history. Or the days she be at quidditch training, aiming bludgers at the Weasley twins for practice. For the last two weeks of the summer, she spent them with the Weasley family at their wonderful, tall house they called The Burrow. From the outside, it look positively quirky, brown wooden colouring all over the building.

The upper floors hung over the edge of the lower ones, seeming like it would collapse at any second with just a little nudge. Every single one of them were such kind and genuine people, although they weren't as well off as others, they made do and never complained. Her mam had told her that she could travel to diagon alley and kings cross with the Weasleys, she would see her daughter at both locations anyway.

Both Mr and Mrs Weasley had treated her so kindly when (Y/n) had arrived, making sure she was as comfortable as possible with them. Obviously she already knew Percy, Fred, George and Ron before visiting so she was very excited to be reunited with them, she was especially happy to be able to show Fred and George her new Comet two ninety broom to which they gawked with awe at. The one Weasley she was sharing a room with became one of her best friends in the short time she was with her. This girl was Ginny Weasley, although shy at first, warmed up to (Y/n) quite quickly, both sharing their love for quidditch.

They became firm friends, talking about everything and anything. The honey blonde girl had noticed that her ginger friend spoke quite often about Harry, however whenever (Y/n) questioned it, Ginny would go all shy and red, trying to change the subject quickly. The days (Y/n) spent at the Burrow were far from ordinary, she helped Fred and George de-gnome the garden, flinging them into the vast fields surrounding the house. Quidditch practice was also highly encouraged, since the family lived pretty much in the middle of no where, they were able to play quidditch freely without caution.

The girl had gotten to halfway through her stay, it was about midnight, she stood in front of the sink in the bathroom, washing her hands when all of a sudden, she heard the slow creak of floorboards. Rubbing her eyes, she switched off the light in the room and stepped out onto the landing which was dimly lit from the lamp that was inside Ginny and (Y/n)'s room through the open door. She came face to face with Ron, George and Fred trying to sneak down the stairs. Quite surprised, she jumped a little in fright but quickly calmed down. "What are you three doing up?" She spoke in a drowsy voice, still a little tired.

The three boys were just as shocked as she was to see the other up at such a late time, Ron looked back at his older brothers before quietly clearing his throat. "We're going to get Harry" he spoke in a hushed tone, "We're taking the car to Surrey, there must be something up for him to no respond" he explained whispering. The girl stood there, giving the three fingers a deadpan look. The three males looked at eachother and sighed before Fred spoke up, "You're coming with us aren't you?" He asked in a wary tone.