Chapter 21

The Chamber of Secrets -
Hogwarts School of
Witchcraft and Wizardry

It was cold, dark with foul smelling liquid dripping from the ceiling and bones littered the floor around them. The further they ventured, the colder it began to feel. Eventually, they came across something rather frightening, a large translucent object on which Harry ran his hand along, feeling the bumps and surprisingly dry surface. "What's that?" Ron questioned to which Lockhart answered "it looks like a....snake" As harry felt the unidentified object, he rose and said "I think it's a snake's skin." "Bloody hell, whatever shed this must be at least 30 feet long." Ron exclaimed.

The sheer thought of a creature of that size caused the older man to drop to the floor, fainting in sheer fright. Harry sighed as he turned his back and continued to follow the snake skin. Ron was about to follow him when all of a sudden, Lockhart shot up and snatched Ron's wand which was still clumsily bound by spellotape. "Say goodbye to your memories" he sneered as he shouted "Obilviate!" A green spark emitted from the wand but what the man didn't know was just how broken the wand was. The spell immediately backfired, sending him flying upwards, hitting some of the the hanging ceiling in the process.

He tumbled back down onto the floor, rumbling above grew louder and louder until rocks and boulders fell in great numbers from the walls and ceiling, forming a large wall that separated Ron and Lockhart from Harry. Once the dust had settled, Harry peaked through a hole in the wall to see a dazed and confused Lockhart sprawled on the floor. "Are you alright Ron?" Harry called. "Yeah I'm fine, not sure about him though. But nevermind that, you need to get going, save (Y/n) and Ginny!" Ron pointed out. "No I'm not leaving you here!" Harry protested.

"Look you don't have much time, you don't get going now, Ginny and (Y/n) might not be alive when you find them!" Ron spoke harshly but Harry knew full well that he was right. He sighed and nodded "I promise I'll get you out as soon as possible" Harry reassured him before running off down the pipeline he found just before the rocks fell until he came to a large door with snakes on it. The boy closer his eyes and said the same words as he had before to open the sinks in the bathroom. Slowly but surely, the door began to open, revealing another set of pipelines. He ventured through, following until he spotted a large, open area that contained flooded floors.

At the end of the room, a large face sculpted into the wall with something small lying in front of it. As he got closer, he recognised the figure to be his best friend's little sister, "Ginny!" He said to himself as he ran down the large hall to reach the fragile girl who laid lifeless on the floor. The boy fell to his knees as he examined the poor girl in front of him. "She won't waken" a voice called to Harry. He swiftly looked up to see Tom walking towards him. The pair interacted, before Harry became suspicious of Tom, causing the taller male to stand, "Voldemort is, my past. Present. And future." Using the wand he stole from Harry, he spelt out 'Tom Marvolo Riddle' in the air and scattered the letters to spell 'I am lord Voldemort'.

"You're the heir of Slytherin? You opened the chamber of secrets fifty years ago?" Harry spoke in disbelief. Tom smirked deviously as he looked at Ginny "as poor Ginny Weasley gets weaker, I only get stronger." Harry got increasingly angrier and lunged for his wand, Tom dodging with ease. "There is no use in attacking, I have two things you want." Having said that, he waved his wand and from around a corner appeared (Y/n) as she drearily stumbled over. Her eyes were ridden of any life and her honey blonde locks were tangled and knotted.

"(Y/n)?" Harry whispered as he watch his friend shuffle over to them, her concentration on nothing in particular. Once she was in front of him, Tom lowered his wand, quickly bringing back the light into (Y/n)'s eyes. They widened as she saw Harry in front of her. She was about to run over to him when the older boy behind her took a fistful of her hair and yanked her back, poking his wand into her neck threateningly. Harry took out Ginny's wand but wasn't able to cast any spells as Tom said "Expelliarmus!". The wand flew out of his hand and out of sight. "Now, shall I call it?" Tom asked menacingly as (Y/n) winced in pain as he gripped tighter on her honey blonde locks.