Chapter 15

Scotland - Hogwarts school
Of Witchcraft and Wizardry

"Who could've possibly written that on the wall? That must've been an inside job to be able to get away with it without a trace" Hermione spoke pacing in front of the sofa where Harry stared at the roaring flames. (Y/n) sat with her head rested on Ron's shoulder as he chewed on a liquorice wand, confusing the girl on his shoulder as to how he could eat at a time like this. Nevertheless, she was just as shocked as the other three were. Lifting her head, she stood up and walked over to Ginny who sat huddled over a table, "You alright Gin?" she asked the first year. Slightly startled, she covered the book in front of her going slightly pale.

"Y-yeah I'm fine" avoiding eye contact at all costs. She knew something was up, but decided not to question it any further, instead she made her way back to the ruby red sofa. "I think it might be Malfoy" Ron spoke, (Y/n) was shocked "why would you think that?" she asked. "Well you heard what he said to Hermione, and you know what his dad is like" the ginger retorted. It was true that he and his family were known for being cruel to half-bloods and Muggle-borns, but this couldn't be Draco she thought. "I don't think so, it's true he can be quite mean, but he wouldn't do something like this" she protested.

Nothing more was said that night, of course when she was sat with Seamus reading a letter from her Mam, she thought it was wise not to bring up the fact that she was defending Draco. Seamus loved his sister more than anything, but (Y/n) knew full well that he was very hard to sway when it came to the blonde Slytherin. She tried it once last year, ending with her twin not speaking to her for a few days. A few days after the incident, the Gryffindors had Transfiguration, a rather difficult subject, but (Y/n) managed quite well. She sat down next to her brother where there was a little gecko perched on a wooden stand on her desk.

For Seamus, a little partridge puffed out its chest as it eyed the room curiously, Seamus was quite intrigued. "What do you think we're going to turn them into?" He asked his sister. "Well last week we were learning the wand movements" she spoke opening her book. "My guess is that we're going to learn Ferra Verto." Suddenly, Professor McGonagall hastily walked into the classroom "Silence please" she spoke to the murmuring  students. "Now today, we will be transfiguring animals, into water goblets. Like so." She pointed her wand at a raven sat on her desk and tapped it gently on its back three times "one, two, three, Ferra Verto!"

The bird suddenly morphed into a beautiful glass goblet, the entire class all murmered with impressed looks on their faces. "Now then, Mr Weasley" she spoke walking over to Ron "please can you demonstrate, remember one, two, three and then Ferra Verto" Ron looked skeptical but raised his broken wand barely held together by spellotape. He tapped his pet rat Scabbers three times before saying "Ferra Verto!" A spark emitted from the ginger's broken wand, however, when the rat started to transfigure, it didn't quite make it all the way through. Instead what remained of the poor rat was a furry water goblet with a scaly tail sticking out of the end.

"That wand needs replacing Mr Weasley, be sure to do so quickly" McGonagall spoke sharply. Suddenly Hermione raised her hand out of the blue, the professor saw this and quickly replied "Yes Miss Granger?" "Professor, I was wondering if you could tell about, the Chamber of secrets?" The brunette asked, avoiding eye contact suspiciously. "Ah....very well, as Im sure you're all aware, our school Hogwarts was founded many centuries by the four of the greatest Witches and Wizards of the age, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin."

"Now three of them existed together harmoniously, however one of the four did not." Ron sniggered to Harry "I wonder which one?" He spoke looking back at Draco. "Salazar Slytherin believed that only students of strictly magical families, otherwise known as 'purebloods' should be allowed to attend Hogwarts. Within these walls, he built a secret chamber and within this chamber, it was said to hold.... a monster. Now ordinarily the castle has been searched many times, and no such chamber has ever been found" The room fell deadly silent as students looked at eachother in discomfort.