Chapter 16

Scotland - Hogwarts school
Of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Before the Quidditch game incident occured, Harry already had a plan set in motion. Scouting the library once again, it felt much like first year again to (Y/n), staring up at the rows and rows of dark coloured spines. She and Hermione were looking for a rather specific book on potions, one that would guide them on a rather complex potion. "So tell me again why we're needing to make this again?" The honey blonde inquired to the brunette with a raised eyebrow. Hermione sighed and looked across the room to Harry and Ron who were also in a search "Harry is insistent that Malfoy has something to do with Filch's cat and the chamber of secrets, so he's wanting to sneak into the Slytherin common room to ask him some questions."

"But I keep on telling you three that it's not Malfoy, I think doing this will be a mistake" (Y/n) protested as Harry and Ron started to make their way over to the two girls. "Have you found anything yet?" Harry asked as he sat on a desk next to (Y/n). "Yes I found it" the brunette answered as she started to flip through the pages "ah here it is! Polyjuice potion" she exclaimed. (Y/n)'s eyes widened as she started to shake her head nervously at Hermione "No.....no no no you can't, that's a huge risk to take 'mione." Harry eyed his friend beside him in confusion. "What's Polyjuice potion?" He asked the brunette in front of him.

"It's a potion brewed specially to allow the drinker to take on the form of another, but itll be tricky, I've never seen a potion this complex" She spoke in a worried tone to her three friends. "How long is it going to take?" Ron spoke up with his arms crossed. "A month" Hermione answered almost wincing. "A month!?" Both of the boys exclaimed quietly in shock. "The creature might've already killed all of the Muggle-borns in the school by then" Ron protested. "I know, but it's the only plan we've got" she replied sadly. (Y/n) sighed, a little in defeat but also with relief since she knew that this little 'heist' wouldn't have be able to happen for another month.

Harry's arm had healed nicely since the game and was now back to full health. Although next came the question of where they were meant to brew the potion. Of course, Hermione had already sorted that part out cunningly. "Again? You mean the chamber of secrets has been opened before?" The brunette inquired to Harry who had recounted the events of the previous night. "Of course! Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must've opened it while he was at school here! And now he's taught Draco how to do it" Ron spoke with assurance in his voice, still throwing accusations left right and centre.

"Maybe, we'll have to wait for the Polyjuice potion to know for sure" Hermione added as she sprinkled some crushed lacewings into the small cauldron before her. "I still think this is a bad idea yknow, this isn't a very safe potion if it does go wrong" (Y/n) spoke looking up from the book Hagrid had given her last year which she was reading for the fourth time. "Well what choice do we have? It's either this or Hermione gets attacked" Harry spoke harshly.

(Y/n) wanted to get up then and there to leave this unnecessary wild goose chase that she wanted nothing to do with. But she remained, staying loyal to her friends knowing that she couldn't just abandon them. "Remind me again why we're doing this in broad daylight and not to mention in the girls bathroom" Ron asked rather sarcastically. "Please, no one ever comes in here" Hermion replied, adding more ingredients to the softly bubbling concoction in front of her. "Why?" the ginger asked confused, "Moaning Myrtle" the brunette simply stated.

(Y/n) began to grin as she saw Myrtle gracefully float out of one of the toilets behind Ron. "Who's that?" Ron asked oblivious to the ash grey girl with pigtails hanging from her head that floated just above the floor behind him. "I'm Moaning Myrtle!" She semi yelled in his ear, making him jump a little. (Y/n) had met Myrtle in her first year, a little before summer exams, it was Myrtle who (Y/n) often spoke to when everyone else was busy. The ravenclaw ghost was rather fond of the second year Gryffindor, describing her as kind and understanding, unlike some people with their horrid comments about the whining phantom.