Chapter 9

Scotland - Hogwarts school
of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Four days had passed since the incident in the forbidden forest. (Y/n) lay still in her bed in the hospital wing concussed. The room was fairly large, with dull cream coloured brick on each wall. Madam Pomfrey tended to each of her patients, she was kind but very firm. She looked after the small girl who had still not woken from her injured state. That afternoon, with a splitting headache, the honey blonde awoke feeling very uneasy. She squinted at the light shining through the window as she attempted to get her bearings.

She noticed a figure sat beside her bed, their head looking down in their lap, seeming to be reading something. The small girl sat up delicately in her bed, holding her head and hissing in pain. The figure sat beside her looked up and grinned "It's nice to see you awake (Y/n)" the girl gradually opened her eyes to see Dean looking back at her. She smiling and leaned over, giving her friend a small hug. When she pulled away, the girl had noticed an array of cards on her bedside table and a small basket of sweets on the floor next to her.

"Everyone was so worried about you y'know" Dean spoke slowly, letting his friend adjust. "How long has it been" she asked curiously. "About four days, everyone's been to see you, obviously your brother was really worried about you but couldn't always see you, Snape was getting annoyed at his ability to set his cauldron on fire without fail" (Y/n) chuckled a little, having gotten used to her brother's antics. "Harry, Hermione and Ron have been to see you, Hermione asking so many questions to madam Pomfrey, it left the woman quite wary" she smiling knowingly about her very intelligent best friend.

"I'd say Fred and George have been to see you at least twice, however, madam Pomfrey was very reluctant to let them given their 'reputation' proceeds them" She began to feel a lot better, knowing so many people had taken the time to check up on her "oh and don't even get me started with Neville" Dean continue. Hearing these words, the girl perked up, giving him her full attention. "He came to visit you every chance he got, he'd always bring you up in conversations, worrying about you, wondering if you were going to be alright."

(Y/n)'s cheeks started to heat up, turning a little red, the boy beside her grinned and said "You've gone red, thinking of someone?" He teased a little. The girl smiled to herself "You won't tell, right?" The dark skinned boy smiled kindly and shook his head "nah, I won't tell anyone, I couldn't do that to you" the smaller girl held out her hand with her pinky finger outstretched. The boy copied her and their pinkies linked, forming their special promise. Soon after, Madam Pomfrey had made her way over to the pair, "Well miss Finnigan, it's good to see you awake, now dear, let me fetch you some wiggenweld to help with that head of yours and I'll be able to let you go, I'm sure Mr Thomas will accompany you back to the great hall"

The duo grinned at eachother as they watched the older woman walk over to a large wooden cabinet. Once (Y/n) had taken her dose, she was up on her feet feeling great. She picked up her cloak and put it on while Dean had stood up and lead her out of the room and down the corridor. "So, anything happened while I was out?" She questioned curiously "Not that I know of" he shrugged a little. After a while, they had reached the Great hall, the duo stood in the doorway looking at all their friends, they walked over and before they could sit down, Seamus had already jumped up "Saileach!" He shouted running up to his sister to hug her.

The girl giggled and hugged her brother tightly before going over to hug Hermione who had also jumped up to greet her best friend. Everyone had sat down, all studying for their last end of year exam. Everything seemed calm until they heard stamping of distant floor, the first years looked up to spot Neville hopping over to the table with his feet stuck together. "You have got to start standing up to people Neville" Ron declared, watching his poor friend wobble relentlessly.

She's always kind (Neville X Reader story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara