Chapter 7

Scotland - Hogwarts school
Of witchcraft and wizardry

After the troll incident which almost killed her, (Y/n) began to spend more and more time with the boys, becoming very close friends with all of them. Of course she was still best friends with Hermione but the bushy brunette spent a lot of her time reading, therefore (Y/n) deemed it more fitting for her to share her evenings in the boys dorm so that her friend could concentrate in peace. She would often sit next to her twin on his bed, making jokes with all the other gryffindor boys, that is until Percy would barge in and kick her back to her dorm. She always felt sad to leave them but always complied with Percy.

This surprised him quite a lot given she was good friends with his immature younger brothers. A week had passed since Halloween, the young girl was sat in the Great hall between the Weasley twins, that morning was their first house quidditch match against Slytherin. (Y/n) had asked Alicia Spinnet if she could use her broomstick to which the older girl had complied. Sure she was upset that she couldn't play, but she wasn't about to let her housemates down. She promised to be cheering from the stands.

Fred was discussing with (Y/n) all the tactics they were going use for the match that morning such as the bludger backseat and the Dopplebeater defence. The small girl gobbled down her eggs, bacon and toast feeling excited for the match. Her twin brother sat across from her and spoke "please be careful won't you Saileach, I don't want to have to write to mam and explain that you got hurt during a quidditch match." She smile and place her hand on his "I'll be careful, don't worry, Fred will take care of me" she added ginning as Fred ruffled her hair.

All of a sudden, the girl heard the flapping of wings and loud hooting coming from above. All four of them looked up to spot Hedwig flying towards harry with a large package. However, not too far behind, the honey blonde girl noticed her mother's owl flying down towards her with a fairly large package, it wasn't as big as Harry's but nonetheless she jumped up out of her seat to catch the wrapped object the owl dropped. She laid it on the table in awe as people around her became increasingly interested and she heard her brunette friend from down the table "bit early for mail isn't it?" Not being able to contain her excitement, the short girl tore off the brown paper and she couldn't believe her eyes.

There in front of her laid the beautiful bat she had seen in the shop window the first time she went to diagon alley. The two ginger boys beside her grinned at one another as they went back to watching the small girl's reaction. Grinning from ear to ear, (Y/n) picked up the bat in front of her and read the note attached to it. 'Dearest (Y/n), Congratulations sweetheart, I am so proud of you for making the house team, at such a young age! You're a little star, so I thought that this would come in handy for your matches, see you at Christmas,
Love Mam xx'

The young girl jumped for joy causing all of the little bits and bobs she kept in her pockets to fall out onto the floor. (Y/n) had a strange habit for finding things, stuffing them in her pocket but never taking them out of it, to her dismay, Fred, George and Seamus noticed all of them fall out. She quickly crouched down to pick up all the little bits that had fallen when George piped up laughing a little "Now I know what our nickname should be for you!" The girl smile up at him whilst rolling her eyes playfully, Fred caught on to what his twin was thinking "We can call you knick-nack" the girl just giggled and nodded in agreement.

Soon after breakfast, the first year girl changed into the quidditch robes she was given by professor McGonagall who was just as excited for the match as (Y/n) was. Grabbing her new bat, she looked at her attire in the mirror and giggled with delight. She the proceeded to grab her raven haired friend and walk with him to the quidditch pitch. Once underneath the stands, the team stood in formation in front of big wooden doors. Harry stood at the front next to wood while (Y/n) and fred stood close behind them. The small girl was nervous, obviously, being her first game, she swallowed the large lump in her throat.