Chapter 8

Scotland - Hogwarts school
of Witchcraft and Wizardry

January rolled around, new year, back to Hogwarts for Seamus and (Y/n). The small girl was sat in her dorm unpacking her trunk, checking that she didn't have any of her brother's possessions mixed up with her's. Over the Christmas break, (Y/n) had written to all of her friends and had sent all of them Christmas presents. For Hermione, she sent her a colour change quill set along with a special ink that hexed anyone who tried to copy her work. For Neville, she sent him a cosy brown scarf to keep him warm. For Ron, she sent him some magical sweets, namely a cauldron cake and some Bertie Botts every flavour beans.

For Dean, she sent him a copy of 'The tales of beedle the bard' knowing that he enjoys fantasy books. For Fred and George, she go them both woven bracelets with a flat charm with their first initial on it. Finally for Harry, she got him a copy of 'Quidditch through the ages' to get him more up to speed with Quidditch.  Feeling a little bored, (Y/n) stood up and made her way to the boys dorm to find Dean and Harry both sat on their beds reading the books she had gotten them, Ron eating part of the cauldron cake and Neville playing with the tassels of the brown scarf. She sat down next to Dean and the group of them talked for the rest of the evening, discussing their holidays and groaning about  homework they were supposed to complete.

Weeks upon weeks went by, learning so many new charms and facts for their lessons. One afternoon, the honey blonde haired girl traced through a section of the library with her brunette best friend searching for a book called 'Famous faces in the Wizarding World'. After a while, (Y/n) managed to spot the book quite high up, she waited for the book to shift out of its place on the shelf and float down into her arms. The book was heavy and big, she turned to her friend and handed to book to her who thanked her whole heartedly and went over to Harry and Ron where she slammed the heavy book down on the table causing them to jump awake.

The girl giggled as she went over to the table and sat next to Hermione, listening to their conversation. They discovered that Nicholas Flammel was the founder of the Philosopher's stone which they figured out was being guarded by a hug three headed dog called Fluffy who belongs to Hagrid. Later on in the evening, the four of them went out to Hagrids hut. (Y/n) had insisted to go with them since she knew about this and was intrigued by this mystery. The tall giant opened his door when knocked but almost immediately tried to shut it again apologising and stating that 'he was in no position to entertain today'.

Just before he managed to close it, the four first years all blurted out at the same time "We know about the Philosopher's stone!" No sooner had they said that, the giant reopened his door and let out a little "oh". He let the four tweens into his house, after introducing herself to Hagrid, (Y/n) sat next to Hagrids large dog fang who nuzzled up next to her, drooling on the floor.

Hagrid started to gently lecture Harry, Ron and Hermione for not putting this mystery to rest "you three don't need teh look inteh this anymore, dangerous stuff yehknow, an' why would you try ter get (Y/n) o'er here inteh trouble?" (Y/n) was about to speak up when Hermione spoke "After we found Fluffy, I found it hard not to tell her, she's my best friend, I feel bad when I lie to her so I don't do it" she smiled over at her bushy haired friend who returned one to her. Suddenly, all five of them heard a small tapping.

Hagrid gasped and rushed over to his fireplace where a metal pot hung over the flame with a large, copper coloured, almost spherical object lay. He picked it up with great care and oohed and aahed while carrying the assumingly hot object. He placed it onto the table in front of his visitors. Suddenly, (Y/n) realised what it was and leaned forward very interested to which Ron copied. "Hagrid, what exactly is that?" Harry asked with concerned woven into his tone.

"Tha? It's...it's uhh...." He answered trying to remember "I know what that is!" Ron exclaimed. (Y/n) frowned and looked at Hagrid "How did you get one?" To which he answered quickly "I won it, off en Irish fella I met down the pub, seemed teh be quite glad teh be rid o' it as a matter o' fact...." Suddenly, it started shaking and the tapping increased, then without warning, it cracked violently, letting out a little steam. A little head poked its way from among the shell, (Y/n)'s eyes lit up as she awwed at the baby creature. Hagrid started getting tears in his eyes when the little dragon cried out to him, "Awh bless im' he know 'is mummy, hello Norbert" Ron went on explain that it was a Norwegian Ridgeback and that his brother Charlie works with them in Romania.