Chapter 12

Devon, England, Ottery St
Catchpole, The Burrow

"Morning Weasleys!" A voice called as they were entering from the back door. "Morning" everyone at the table replied whilst eating, (Y/n) smiled as she watched Mr Weasley remove his pointed hat and sat down next to her at the end of the table. "Good morning (Y/n)" he smiled kindly at the small girl next to him. The green eyed girl returned his smile, grinning widely. Arthur Weasley was a wonderful and hard working wizard, working in the ministry of magic's misuse of Muggle artefacts department, completely fascinated by their way of living and their technology.

"Nine raids last night! Can you believe it!? Nine!" He spoke almost proudly; just before digging into his breakfast, he had spotted Harry who was sat next to him. "And who are you?" He asked politely yet quite confused. "Oh, I'm Harry sir, Harry potter" the raven haired boy answered, smiling a little, "Good lord, are you really?" Arthur replied, his face lighting up at the response. "Well, Ron and (Y/n) have told us all about you of course!" He announced while Ron and (Y/n) smiled to their friend knowingly. "When did he get here?" the man asked nonchalantly, "This morning, your sons flew that enchanted car of yours to Surrey and back last night! And took poor (Y/n) with them" Molly announced, a little irritated.

(Y/n) simply giggled at the 'poor (Y/n)' part, remembering the journey fondly. Arthur grinned broadly "Did you really? How'd it go?" He asked excitedly but in return earned a backhand hit on the shoulder from Molly. The ginger's expression forcibly changed to one of disappointment although it wasn't very convincing "I mean, that was very wrong indeed boys, very wrong of you" he spoke with somewhat authority. He turned to Harry eagarly "Now Harry, you must know all about muggles, tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?"

The honey blonde haired girl across from Harry sniggered a little at his confused face, as if he was trying to figure out whether Arthur was being serious or not. The man had asked her the exact same question when she arrived the week before, of course, she knew her father was a Muggle, but he had never mentioned or brought home a 'Rubber duck' so unfortunately, the girl had to respond with an apologetic 'I don't know'.

Suddenly, everyone looked up from the table hearing a screeching sound from outside "Oh that'll be Errol with the post" Molly spoke, looking out the back window. Suddenly an owl came into view with some letters in its beak, a small opening beside a closed window but big enough for an owl was where he was flying to. But obviously, misjudging his alignment completed, the bird flew into the window with a massive smack, falling onto the ground. The girl gasped as she jumped up to look out the window to see if the bird was ok.

Mere seconds later, the owl simply kept up onto the window sil as if nothing had happened. She let out a sigh of relief as she sat down "He's always doing that!" Ron complained with a huff as Percy stood up to fetch the post like his mother asked him to. He read the front of the letters, "it's our hogwarts letters, and they've sent Harry's and (Y/n)'s too" he declared, handing them to Molly, "Dumbledore must know you're both here" Arthur chimed in, looking back and forth between Harry and (Y/n).

Percy handed each of the slightly yellow coloured letters to the person they were individually addressed to. (Y/n) took hers and began to read the handwritten parchment, looking at the list of supplies she'd need for her second year. "This lot won't come cheap mum, spell books alone are very expensive" Fred piped up, handing George his letter. "We'll manage" Molly spoke positively, taking the letter harry had received to read the list of equipment. "There's only one place we're going to get all of this. Diagon alley" she announced smiling at everyone at the table.

After breakfast, (Y/n) rushed upstairs to find Ginny in her room finally having gotten ready, wearing her plain black robe over the top of her regular attire, having not been sorted yet, the robe beared no significant colouring. The ginger sat at her small dressing table with a mirror in front of it. The honey blonde girl smiled at her, sitting down beside her on the somewhat big stool. "What if I'm not sorted into Gryffindor (Y/n)?" She asked with clear anxiousness written on her face. The girl next to her simply smiled and said "Then one of the other houses will have gained a wonderful witch, just because you're put somewhere different, doesn't mean you don't belong in this family Ginny, wherever you're placed, you're still my friend til the end regardless"