Chapter 27

Scottish Highlands - Hogwarts
School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Everyone was buzzing with excitement, professor Lupin had proven to be very popular amongst the students, especially with his fun and interactive lessons. (Y/n) smiled to herself, clutching her consent form for the Hogsmeade visits that her mother had signed for herself and her brother. "I think we should go to zonkos!" Seamus said, ruffling his sister's hair while laughing with Dean. "Oh I don't know Deartháir, mam said she wants us coming home with spare money at Christmas." (Y/n) reminded her twin as she walked side by side with Neville down the staircase.

Neville had seemed to be a lot more awkward around his best friend, going red in the face when she laughed or just staring at her from across the room. Dean and Ron would tease him, saying he was completely smitten. Of course Neville denied any of these allegations. He didn't know what the feelings would mean to her. Would she reciprocate? Or would she reject his feelings? It made him more and more anxious when he thought about her.

"Now these trips to Hogsmeade are a priveledge!" spoke Professor McGonagall as Mr Filch collected the consent forms from students left right and centre. (Y/n) grinned as she handed the pieces of paper to the grumpy man who gave her a grim look. Ignoring the man's unpleasantness, she linked arms with her brother and quietly giggled with excitement. Seamus and his sister watched as Dean handed his over and Neville fumbled about with his satchel, trying to find his consent form which was sticking out of his back pocket.

(Y/n) smiled and grabbed the form and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around to face the small girl who was holding the paper up in front of his face. Neville smiled and blushed nervously as he took it from his friend, his sweaty fingertips brushed against her soft and silky ones. She smiled, completely oblivious to Neville's reaction before turning around and once again joined her brother.

She saw out if the corner of her eye Harry walking away from the deputy headmistress with a rather annoyed look on his face. He exchanged some words with Hermione and Ron before walking off back into the castle. "What's happened to Harry? Is he not coming?" (Y/n) asked Hermione who looked at her with a sad smile "His Aunt and Uncle wouldn't sign the consent form so he's not allowed to come to Hogsmeade." she explained. "Oh no that's awful! Shouldn't someone stay with him?" (Y/n) asked but Hermione shook her head.

"He didn't want any of us to worry, also Harry wanted me to give this to you, it's from Hagrid." Hermione drew a small note from her pocket and gave it to the smaller girl. She unfolded it and looked over the words that weren't very neatly scribbled on.

(Y/n)

Meet me at the front gates where the carriages will be escorting students to Hogsmeade.

Hagrid

She frowned, why the secrecy? It seemed very odd on Hagrids part but she just sighed, walking with Hermione and Ron, following Mr Filch and Professor McGonagall as they led the third years out of the courtyard and down the path that led to the front gates. She saw a line of carriages waiting patiently for the students, each with an empty space where a horse would usually stand. She looked around to see if anyone was watching before walking up to the carriage at the back and reaching out.

She felt the back of a large horse like creature which felt like it was made entirely of bones. Obviously the creature was invisible, anyone else would've said she was crazy but she knew better. She was about to get into the carriage when she spotted Hagrid fixing that particular carriage's wheel. "Is it really broken or is this your mysterious excuse?" She laughed as Hagrid looked up at her. "Errr no, this was jus a lucky coincidence." The half giant chuckled as he stood up.

The small girl giggled and hugged the larger man who almost covered the entirety of her small frame. "So, teh reason why I'm bein so 'mysterious' is cos I've got summin for yeh." He reached under his jacket and pulled out a small sack. He handed it to her gently, she grabbed the bag which was a lot heavier than she had expected. She untied the top and peeked inside to find a large amount of jewels and gold. She gave the gameskeeper a confused look to which he nodded to the bag, persuading her to look again.