Chapter 25

Scottish Highlands,
Hogwarts school of Witchcraft
And Wizardry, outdoor classroom
for Care of Magical Creatures

All of the Slytherins scoffed and made an "ooooh" sound as if a fight was about to break out. Malfoy smirked and held his bag out to Goyle who took it without question. He sauntered cockily over to Harry and (Y/n) who both glared at the blonde pureblood Slytherin. He eyed the both of them before looking up behind them, his smirk dropped to a look of horror. He pointed, "Dementor! Dementor!" which prompted all of the students in front of him to whip around in fear but to realise it was a cruel joke. No sooner had they all turned around, Malfoy and the other Slytherins were already laughing and making ghost noises with their hoods up.

Hermione pulled Harry to face forward and Neville did the same to (Y/n) who clenched her fists. She'd never felt this much anger towards the blonde Slytherin before, in fact the more she thought about it, the less she could find any reason to defend him. Suddenly, Hagrid gruffly cleared his throat and made a fanfare noise, holding his arms out to the most magnificent creature (Y/n) had ever seen. It was a beautiful beast with the head and wings of an eagle and the hind legs and tail of a horse. 'A Hippogriff' (Y/n) thought to herself as Ron asked "Hagrid....What exactly is that?" with a voice of disbelief.

Hagrid smiled and said "That Ron is a-" "Hippogriff" (Y/n) finished his sentence as she gazed at it. "Yes, quite right (Y/n), now, first thing yeh need teh know about Hippogriffs is that they're very proud creatures. You do not want teh insult a Hippogriff, it may jus be teh las thing yeh ever do." He explained, everyone looked rather anxious considering the creature was twice the size of Hagrid. "Now! Who'd like teh come say 'ello?" Hagrid asked cheerfully. Everyone immediately took a step back except for Harry and (Y/n); Harry hadn't expected everyone else to step back, but (Y/n) was incredibly eager.

She stepped forward carefully and bowed to the Hippogriff which made all of the students laugh at her. Harry frowned "What's she doing?" He asked Hagrid. "She's showing respect teh Buckbeak" Harry looked even more confused "oh right, that's 'is name" he further explained. Just as he had said that, Buckbeak bowed his neck down to the small girl in front of him, causing her to internally squeal with delight. She raised her hand up and the Hippogriff slowly approached her, resting his head in her warm touch. She caressed his feathers and admired his gorgeous eyes.

She smiled at Hagrid who looked as though he was about to spill with happy tears. The half giant turned to Harry who looked rather nervous "now you do tha same 'arry, bow nice an' low, an' if 'e bows back, yeh can go an' touch 'im, if not, well we'll get teh tha later." Harry stepped forward and bowed to Buckbeak, unfortunately he did so a little too quickly, startling the large creature. In self defence, he went up on his hind legs and flapped aggressively, screeching a little. (Y/n) had to take quite a few steps back as Hagrid warned her friend to back off. After a few moments of stillness, Buckbeak finally bowed back to Harry, allowing him to go and pet him.

This earnt a round of applause from the rest of the class, including (Y/n) who happily joined her raven haired friend in stroking the Hippogriff's feathers. "Now maybe e'll let yeh ride 'im." Hagrid announced out of nowhere and advanced towards Harry, "What? Hey hey hey, Hagrid!" Harry protested as the gameskeeper hoisted him up onto the back of Buckbeak just Infront of his wings, swiftly placing (Y/n) in the space between Harry and Buckbeak's neck. "Don't pull out any o' 'is feathers, 'e won't thank yeh fer tha!" Hagrid warned before giving a quick hit on the creature's rear end.

That had done it, Buckbeak screeched and began charging forward towards the brick wall before springing upwards and flapping his wings, taking flight with the two Gryffindors on his back. The pair screamed as they hung onto Buckbeak for dear life, soaring above the trees and eventually over the black lake, his claws gently splashing through the water. Feeling a little more bold that before, (Y/n) spread out her arms, letting the cool breeze flow through her hair and all over her arms. Harry caught on and did the same as the pair whooped in excitement at the glorious views. The Hippogriff weaved in and out of the tall spires of the castle before returning to the forest.