Chapter 5

Scotland - Hogwarts School
of Witchcraft and Wizardry

The next morning arose and all of the newly welcomed first years all got ready for breakfast, changing into their school robes. Once (Y/n) had finished her breakfast, she rose from her seat and walked with her twin brother and Neville to Transfiguration. They walked into the classroom and the girl walked over and sat next to Hermione, Seamus and Neville sat behind them and Dean who had just walked into the room sat next to a Hufflepuff girl Susan Bones. (Y/n) copied in suite of Hermione by pulling out her parchment, quill, ink and transfiguration book and started making notes as Professor McGonagall had instructed for the first chapter. After a while, their teacher had decided to transform into a cat which caught (Y/n) a little of guard and caused her to stare at the professor unintentionally.

Hermione noticed this and gave her friend a little nudged. The girl suddenly was broken from her trance and turned to her friend still looking a little spooked. Hermione started to explain "It's fine, don't worry, she's an animagus, she can change her form to a-" "particular animal, yeah I know, my mother explained it to me and my twin brother, she said she went to Hogwarts with three other animagi, I've just never seen one in real life, caught me off guard a little" replied, laughing a little nervously and then turning to look at the feline who was staring right at her.

She mouthed a quick 'sorry' to the professor before turning back to her brunette friend and asking "where's Harry and Ron? Its been 20 minutes already" Hermione only shrugged and went back to her work as did (Y/n). As if on queue, the door burst open to reveal the two boys running in, clearly out of breath. Hermione saw them and rolled her eyes and almost ignored it. (Y/n) on the other hand waved a little to the boys which harry quickly returned before Ron blurted out "Blimey! Can imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?" (Y/n) inhaled sharply as her eyes widened at the ginger after the insult and quickly turned back to the front.

The classroom which was already deadly silent went even more silent if that's even possible. Then the feline sitting on the desk at the front of the room leaped of the table and transformed back into a rather annoyed but calm Professor McGonagall. Ron stared up at her "That was bloody brilliant!" Trying to cover up what he had just said "Oh thank you for that assessment Mr Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if were to transfigure yourself or Mr Potter into a pocket watch, that way one of you might be on time" (Y/n) heard a few sniggers across the room but she felt sorry for the boys "we got lost" harry spoke but the professor was quick to respond "then perhaps a map, I trust you don't need one to find your seats."

After that escapade, the boys found their seats and the rest of the lesson was pretty uneventful. Later on that same day, (Y/n) was sat in the dungeons at a table in between Dean and Neville. She was talking to both of them about her excitement for flying class when all of a sudden, the door burst open revealing professor snape with a demanding voice spoke "There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making, however, for those select few who possess the predisposition. I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death."

(Y/n) stared at the intimidating man wide eyed, almost a little frightened by him, she hadn't even noticed she was shaking til she felt a hand gently grip her hand. This pulled her out of her trance and stopped her shivering, she looked as to who was holding her hand and noticed the hand belonged to Dean who was still facing the front but she could tell he knew what he was doing. She felt a lot calmer and smiled thankfully and resumed paying attention to professor Snape. "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that they are confident enough. To not pay attention!" He was now glaring directly at Harry who was making notes on his parchment til Hermione nudged him and he suddenly started paying attention "Mr Potter, our new celebrity......Tell me what would I get if I added powered root of asphidelle to an infusion of wormwood?" Hermione's hand shot up immediately but harry just shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Snape asked him a few more questions getting the same answer each time, confusion. (Y/n) felt sorry for Harry knowing full well he had grown up in the Muggle world and wouldn't have any clue what the man was talking about. "Pity. Clearly fame isn't everything is it Mr Potter?" The rest of the class continued after that, throughout the lesson, the professor constantly ridiculed all students who weren't in Slytherin, this was something (Y/n) picked up on and she didn't like it one little bit.