"What can I say, Ambrosia? I was ordered to watch over you and I promised to not let any guy touch you and as long as you're in Crestmont that's the way it's going to be." I broke away the eye contact and looked down before taking in everything that had been said.

"Where are you going tonight? And what about Reese?" I asked out of curiosity, not wanting Pierce to go back to where Mr. Gunner is and dealing with it even more. "I'm going to crash at Mars's tonight. Reese is going to go with June to Harley's tonight.

"Why don't you just live at Xander's or Harley's or even Sawyers?" I wondered, out of three older siblings why were Pierce, Juniper and Reese stuck at Gunner's house with an abusive parent. "There's a lot that goes into it. I won't leave Reese is what it comes down to it and Harley has been fighting for custody of Reese since she moved out but the courts won't grant it." Pierce explained. 

It was sweet to know Pierce refused to leave Reese even if it meant he had to continually put up with the abuse of Mr. Gunner. Although I felt bad for him to go through it and for Reese to have to witness that at such a young age. 

"You should probably just lay down for now." Pierce pushed himself off my bed and I nodded slightly in response. With that Pierce left, shutting the door behind him without any kind of goodbye being granted.

* * * * *
"Hey!" Tucker sent me a smile as I approached his black charger and go into the passenger seat. "Hey." I forced a smile back. I had gotten practically no sleep last night and was running off three cups of coffee already just to function. The cold December air hit my skin, making goosebumps appear on my skin.

"How'd you sleep?" Tucker asked as he turned up the heat after seeing how cold I had been. "Ok, I guess." I mumbled as I was so drained from yesterday and had no energy "You?" 

"Ok I guess, I was up with the guys till 4 at Cypress's last night." He put the car in drive and started to head towards school. I watched as flurries fell from the sky and they had been calling for snow this week. Pulling out my phone I had scrolled through my text messages before landing on Pierce's contact.

Me: Are you going to school?

Pierce Gunner: Yeah, picking up Mercury now. 

Looking down at the text I immediately felt annoyed by it. He was seriously picking up Mercury? I didn't understand them on and offs and I don't think it was something you could. Juniper always has gone off about how bad Mercury is for Pierce but how he doesn't see her manipulation tactics and that's how she continues to pull him in. I decided to not reply, as I had nothing to say, 

We had eventually reached the school parking lot where the rest of the gang had been. I thanked Tucker for the ride before getting out and shifting my backpack on my left shoulder. "Where's Pierce?" I asked curiously but soon didn't need an answer when Pierce's all-black challenger pulled up and put in park. 

The passenger door opened to reveal Mercury get out with a smirk plastered across her face while Pierce exited the car as well with a pair of black sunglasses which I only assumed were to cover up the bruises on his face. I rolled my eyes as Mercury's ego was so big it filled the air. 

"Thanks for keeping my seat warm Aspen. Didn't want it getting cold." She sent me a wink. I bit my tongue and tried to ignore her the best I could but Mercury fed off whatever you gave her. I could snap back and she'd love it or I can stay silent and she loves it. The first bell had rung and I headed to English with Juniper and Triston. 

We eventually made it to English and Mrs. Morgans began class while the last of the students shuffled in and took their seats. "Happy Monday!" She cheered although it didn't take much to know nobody in the class felt the same way she has "Today we will be starting college essays. While graduation is coming up, you all need to get on this because it'll be here in a blink of an eye. "