Chapter Sixty-Two

_____<•>_____

_____<•>_____

If Stiles didn't have asthma, he sure did today. Every available period he had was filled with constant sprinting from Scott to Allison with new messages every time. He would have asked Aspen for help, but the girl already seems burdened with so much, he didn't bother. He occasionally took a water break between messages or slammed into a group of freshmen who shared a few colorful words for his clumsiness. From his constant relays, Stiles gathered that Allison had seen her grandfather with a book bound in leather that could possibly be in his office, seeing as he was the new principal of Beacon Hills Highschool. There even came the point where Stiles borrowed Scott's inhaler to take a few hits before continuing.

With the day coming to a close, Stiles thought attending his class was less than reasonable after the marathon he ran today. He hasn't seen Aspen all day besides lunch, but even then, there wasn't much discussion since she chose to sit with Allison just a few minutes in.

Now, Stiles was ambling the hallway with his arms swaying by his side. He hummed a tune he heard over the radio on his way to school, letting his eyes flutter shut every now and then from exhaustion. The only noise in the hall was the sound of his scuffling sneakers and his horrible attempt at a whistle. He was just about to get to the chorus of the song when he abruptly halted in his tracks upon seeing the chemistry door slam open. A yelp escaped his lips, and he quickly backed away from view in case Mr. Harris poked his head out and discovered he was skipping his class.

"Miss. Sulzbach! Get back in here now!" The austere voice of Mr. Harris echoed throughout the hall, and Stiles flinched at the obnoxious sound. He was sure he would get an aneurysm if he had to sit through that class another day. But once the chemistry teacher's word registered in his mind, Stiles' eyes broadened slightly, and he poked his head from around the hall to see Charlie stalking his way. Her head was down, blonde hair cascading past her shoulders like golden waves. But Stiles was observant to body language. She wasn't taking confident strides like she usually did. The blonde maverick was slumped, and her pace was quick as if trying to find the nearest getaway.

Stiles pressed his back to one of the lockers as she walked past him, but he didn't miss what he saw. Charlie only looked up briefly, but to Stiles, it felt like an eternity. A ring of red replaced the white that was supposed to surround her indigo eyes. Scars littered her face as if she had just gotten beat up, and stray blood was seeping from one of the wounds she had been picking at. Charlie glared when she noticed him staring and brushed past him and forcefully pushed the girls' bathroom open.

Stiles felt something tug at his heartstring. Like an ache from seeing Charlie in such a disheveled state. He knew he meant what he said that he shouldn't trust her, not when her mother was possibly heavily involved with Gerard and his cruel ways. Stiles turned around and began to walk down the hall, but his steps hesitated until he came to a full stop. His consciousness told him to check up on her, but he wanted to continue on and forget about the girl who was likely to betray them in the end.