Chapter Fifty-four

Okay, so there is a warning of slight seizures, so be advised! Also, there's a lot of typoes since I rushed to write this! I'm so sorry for my absence, I've just been busy with school, but I'm really trying to find time to write

Okay, so there is a warning of slight seizures, so be advised! Also, there's a lot of typoes since I rushed to write this! I'm so sorry for my absence, I've just been busy with school, but I'm really trying to find time to write. This is more of a filler chapter, but I promise better ones will come soon.

_____<•>_____

A blue, glowing hue of water was wrapped around Charlie's head as she lay unconscious on the floor of the Veata living room. Aspen sat on the heels of her feet with her hand on her knees as she stared intently at Mina's hands go to work as she was using healing techniques on her daughter. After tonight's events, Aspen had cooled down under the full moon, and Scott helped bring Charlie home. Derek was quick to get Isaac to safety, not giving the air Elementalist the chance to say goodbye. Even during the short moment they had together, Aspen had never felt so close to Isaac. But as soon as he left, a tinge in her heart told her things would be different.

Grandpa Sam was displeased with Aspen's actions tonight, but Mina was able to lessen the blow and told her father his granddaughter didn't need someone yelling at her, especially under a full moon.

A veil of darkness overcame as Mina's hands moved about on her daughter's head that was set on her lap and the glowing water being the only light source. Mina's eyes were glowing just like her daughters were just a couple hours ago, and she was mumbling things that she couldn't quite comprehend.

Aspen had never had a moment alone with her aunt, and she still wanted to ask their reason for being in Beacon hills. But considering her daughter was limp on the rug in the middle of her living room, now didn't seem like the appropriate time. Aspen stayed quiet, amazed at how skilled Mina was working.

The older water Elementalist felt her niece's eyes and peeked upward through her lashes. "Doing alright over there?" she teased, her raspy voice low and playful.

Aspen flashed a closed smile and shifted awkwardly in place. "Yeah--yeah, it's just really cool how you guys can heal people like that."

"It takes some practice, but Charlie was a fast learner." Mina shrugged, knowing her daughter was a master prodigy in the art of water healing.

"She helped clean up the scars on my back. It hurt a bit, but it was relieving almost."

"Water heating is an intricate practice. I had to learn from grimoires," Mina looked up momentarily to see confusion etched on her niece's face from the term used and chuckled, "yes, like witches but their much different. We call them scrolls too."

The subject of what her daughter had done lingered in the air. And as if Mina could hear her thoughts, her eyes shot up, making Aspen tremble in place. Her eyes looked deadly but suddenly softened. Like her mask had almost slipped off. "Something on your mind?"

Aspen bit down on her lip, looking down at Charlie. "It's nothing." she murmured.

"I can tell when you're lying."