Chapter Fifty-five

Hey, sorry for such a late update! This is more of a filler chapter, and it's very short! I've been busy with other writing projects, so sorry for the delays!

_____<•>_____

The cafeteria of Beacon Hills high was beaming with life the following afternoon, Aspen, Lydia, and Allison's lunch trays ditched, and their conversation muffled. Aspen's mind was clouded with worry for both Erica and, oddly enough, her cousin Charlie. Mina told her her daughter wasn't feeling well that morning and thought it best to continue a few healing treatments. Despite Charlie being quiet the majority of the day prior, she decided that she had bigger fish to fry. Like the lizard Allison and Scott witnessed at the Lahey residence on the night of the full moon.

Allison was sitting so close to Aspen that her elbow was digging into her ribcage, but there was a sparkling nervousness in her eyes as they spoke about supernatural business. "Wait, she controlled him? Like a puppet? Like an actual rag doll?" the pretty raven-haired girl whispered.

Lydia was too fixated on her surrounding, paranoia in her eyes to bother paying attention to their discussion. "Yeah, it was bizarre. My aunt said she didn't know what she was doing, but... I don't know. I sort f think there's another reason for them coming to Beacon Hills." Aspen confessed, bring Allison features to soften.

"So what? Do you think their hiding something? Have you asked your grandpa? Maybe he knows."

Aspen shook her head, her hands toying with the torn material of her ripped jeans. "I doubt that. The visit was just as unexpected to him than it was for me. I would talk to him, but with his condition, I don't think it would help."

Allison passed her friend a small smile, letting her dainty hand rub small circled on Aspen's shoulder. She was the only one that knew about her grandfather's current condition. She told her all about how he was getting worse, and it was only a matter of time before he would want to pull the plug if it meant forgetting his granddaughter.

"You still coming to the ice pick today? It could be fun." Allison smiled, tilting her head to catch her best friend's eyes. "Once Stiles gets the keys from Boyde, we're a go."

Aspen shrugged before biting own on her lip. "I should probably skip out on this one. I might go for a run or something." she murmured. Her heart sank when her thoughts drifted to Isaac. She hasn't heard a thing from him since the full moon, and Derek has been going rogue. She didn't realize when she started feeling differently toward Isaac, but she kept her opinion to herself, unsure if him joining Derek's pack would change him for the worst.

"How are you holding up? With your..." Allison wiggled her fingers dramatically while making wide eyes, and Aspen slapped them away with a giggle. Allison seemed pleased that she pulled a genuine smile from her friend and dropped her hands to her lap.