Chapter Nine

Leaving the nurse's office after telling her she had scratched her arm falling off the bleachers, she was wrapped up and good to go

Leaving the nurse's office after telling her she had scratched her arm falling off the bleachers, she was wrapped up and good to go. Aspen's thick sweater prevented Scott's claws from digging any more profound, making her made-up injury story appear correct.

Sadly for Aspen, her sweater did not survive, leaving her to wash off the blood to the best of her ability in the girl's bathroom. She scrubbed as much as she could with soap and water, but the stain had bled permanently through the material. It's not like it was worth saving. Scott had ripped the whole sleeve to ribbons.

Hearing one of the stalls open abruptly, Aspen shoved the sweater into her backpack, favorably not having any books inside to wet.

Lydia starred at Aspen as she gracelessly stood in place, pressing her backpack close to her chest. The strawberry blonde look Aspen up and down before strutting toward the sink and washing her hands.

"And you didn't come to my party, why?" Lydia asked her with slight sass lacing her tone.

"I uh....something came up. I was with a friend." Aspen answered, nodding along with her answer, seeing as she wasn't lying.

"Well, next time the host herself invites you, it would be appropriate to tell them."

Aspen tilted her head as she slowly zipped her bag to hoist it around her shoulder. "There's gonna be a next time?"

"Only if I asked you, but seeing as everyone and anyone come regardless of an invitation, I assume you would be there."

"I've actually never been to one of your parties, Lydia."

The girl's eyes sparked with utter shock. It's as if she heard Aspen cuss profusely in a church.

"You will come to the next party if I have to drag you there myself." Lydia hissed, making Aspen pale at her threat.

Drying her hands with a paper towel, Lydia had to blink twice when she saw Aspen's bandaged arm.

"What happened to your arm?' she pointed her finger toward her bandage before approaching and grabbing her arm to observe it more closely.

Are girls always so touchy?" Aspen thought to herself, remembering when Allison hugged her so suddenly the other night. Then again, she didn't mind hugging Scott and Stiles at any given moment so she couldn't complain.

"I fell," Aspen answered quickly, bringing Lydia and look up at her with a grin of disbelief. Lydia may have acted dumb, but from the many times Stiles confided in Aspen about how smart Lydia was, she realized that it was true.

"You fell and got a bandage this big?"

"Yes, I'm horribly clumsy."

Lydia scoffed, crossed her arms slowly over her chest, and was careful not to mess up her outfit with her damp hands.