Chapter Ninety

For Beacon Hills

For Beacon Hills

Not proof read

4.5k words

like and comment cuties ;) no Aspen will not be getting a break anytime soon.

_____<•>_____

The sky is captured in twilight but the lights from the Lacrosse field burn out the stars. The crowd from both teams are loud and cheerful while their players warm up on the field. Charlie is shivering by Aspen's side as she adjusts the blue satin scarf she bought at the outlet around her neck. She jogged a couple of steps when she realized she was falling behind from Aspen's strides toward the field. When they got between the bleachers is when Aspen noticed Charle's blue eyes bouncing around, searching. Initially, she assumed she was looking for Stiles, but then she followed her line of vision to the cheerleaders. They were stretching and practicing cheers off to the side of the player's benches. Aspen quirked a brow at Charlie and the blonde was worrying her lower lips as her eyes rove over the girls.

"Still admiring their skirts," Aspen mocked, looking over the crowd to suppress a teasing smile.

Charlie snapped her neck toward her, cheeks blooming, but her cocky grin still crept upon her lips. "They're cute," Charlie said slyly, tucking her hands in her back jean pockets and puckering her lips as she found the back of a familiar bald baby head. She went pale. "Stiles."

Aspen looked relieved, unlike Charlie who was already pivoting her head around to escape.

"Pst," Aspen whispered sharply, letting her wind carry her quiet voice to tickle Scott and Stiles' ear from where they sat on the bench. Both boys jerked in place from their crouching position, Stiles more dramatically than Scott. Stiles swiped at his ears wildly and turned in his seat and his face glowered in annoyance when he spotted Aspen. She wiggled her fingers at the boys and smiled mildly.

All she could really think about was Isaac's lips on hers only an hour ago. Any movement of her lips just reminded her of his lips moving languidly against hers. Every word she spoke belonged to him now. She hadn't said anything to Charlie yet, but she had the feeling she knew. Her face was still red when she walked into the house and she used the cold as an excuse now as the boys approached. Charlie let her eyes wander over Stiles' head but she felt his eyes on her.

Scott offered a tight-lipped smile to Aspen as he approached and leaned into her hug. It was heavier than normal, all his weight pressing into her chest. She held him with the same ferocity. She had a feeling he needed this moment as much as she did. For what reason, she didn't know but she had a feeling she would find out.

"How are you feeling?" Scott asked as he pulled away, picking invisible dust off her shoulder.

Aspen eyed him before smiling gently or smiling just to put on a smile. She couldn't tell the difference. Offering a smile when she was upset or uneasy became so mechanic she couldn't understand herself anymore. It seemed like Scott could read her at those times like he was doing now. He could always tell when she was smiling genuinely because he was usually the reason for her smile. It was Isaac before he decided to leave.