Eighty-Four

_____<•>_____

_____<•>_____

"How much sugar do you want?"

Isaac's eyes quickly skim away from the road to look over at Aspen in the passenger seat of her car. She holds up the coffee cup with the logo of her job stamped on the side. He's surprised they even let her walk into her job considering she ghosted them. She wiggled the white packet of sugar between her finger, brow raised awaiting his response.

Isaac hums for a moment before responding and turning his eyes back to the road. "Just one is fine."

The dim voice of the radio host fills the moments of silence between Aspena and Isaac. He can feel her eyes on him and he smiles when he tilts his head toward her. "Are you shaming me, Aspen?"

Indeed, that was exactly what Aspen was doing. Her face was blank as if she couldn't accept that he wanted just one packet of sugar.

"I forgot your food pallet only allows the bitterness of black coffee and the blood of baby turtles," she mumbles.

Isaac laughs through his grin as he watches Aspen tear the sugar packet with her teeth and watches the white crystal fall into his coffee. Her eyes bulge slightly as the car shakes and she tightens her grip. Isaac apologizes softly, still smiling.

She side-eyes him, biting down on her cheek to keep her smile at bay. "Sorry, I don't drink a cup of sugar with a dash of coffee," he says.

Aspen hacks a scoff as she mixes Isaac's drink before pressing the lid on top. She reaches over and grabs his wrist from the steering wheel and places the cup in his hand. "Sorry, I don't enjoy the taste of tar in my mouth," she says. When her eyes find Isaac already on her, the smile she tries to keep down finds her lips. The expression on his face is one she's seen before when their lives were semi-normal. When they can just be two teenagers who only have to worry about their situationship and homework. She liked to marinate in these moments and wish it could always be like this. She wanted to do this every morning. Prepare her and Isaac's coffee while they talked like normal people. She wanted him to look at her like this all the time without an underlying meaning. Just admiration like normal teenagers in equal infatuation for each other should. Normal was what she's wanted for a long time. Their eyes stay locked for only a moment before she shakes her head and begins preparing her coffee.

Isaac saw the blush on her cheek but keep that for himself as he continues down the scenic route to school.

Aspen had just finished prepping her sugary coffee when Isaac pulled the car into the lot next to Stiles' jeep.

Scott is already outside her window and raps on the glass with his knuckles. When she doesn't immediately open it, he begins making a beat, pursing his lips and bopping his head back and forth. Aspen mouths okay a few times with a laugh while she lowers the window.