Chapter Twelve

"Stiles, I've heard a lot of stupid things come from your mouth, but this tops the list

"Stiles, I've heard a lot of stupid things come from your mouth, but this tops the list."

After Coach had found Erica unconscious against Aspen, she was sent to the hospital immediately. For once, coach's heart softened and let Aspen join the team for attending to a fellow classmate before thinking about herself and her place on the team. Sadly, that meant bumping Greenberg off the team, but Aspen took the offer anyway.

Once she found her phone on the path, she shocked to see multiple missed messages and calls from Stiles. After showering in the girl's locker room, she called one of the sixteen missed phone calls and was met with a frantic Stiles' voice.

He brought her up to date about the curfew due to the murder in the woods and how Scott went to Derek's house and smelled blood.

The phone being on speaker earned Aspen some looks from the other girls. Aspen quickly turned off the speaker before placing the phone to her ear, preferring to have the conversation in private and not broadcasted to the girls in the locker room.

That's when Stiles told her Scott and himself were currently standing on Derek's property, ready to shovel out the spot where Scott smelled the blood.

"I know it sounds excessive but were taking proper precaution. You have to think about the benefits." Stiles tried reasoning with her.

Aspen wished he had seen her rolling her eyes as she struggled to pull her t-shirt over her head with one hand.

"What exactly are the benefits of digging a hole in Derek's property?" Aspen snapped quietly, gathering her belongings and stuffing them in her duffle bag before zipping it quickly and rushing out of the locker room.

"Derek is the one who killed that girl. W went to the morgue, and Scott was able to connect the scent from Derek's house to the one he found in the woods."

"You seriously snuck in the morgue? You're lucky Melissa wasn't there to bust your asses."

"If we can get Derek in behind bars, Scott is in the clear, and so is the whole town. Scott could play in the game tomorrow and no more murders. It's a win-win."

"How do we know it was Derek who killed her?" Aspen peeked over her shoulder as she slowly made her way down the dim-lit hallway.

"Scott saw bite marks. And who is the only other sour wolf in Beacon Hills?"

The silence on the phone brought Aspen to realize his question wasn't rhetorical.

"Derek-"

"Yes! Derek Hale!"

"Well, now that you're saying he's a murder, should I be worried that he snuck into my room last night?"