CHAPTER 15: A New Start.

[Time: 9:35am. Location: Tokyo, Japan. Apartment complex, 3rd floor. Three years after CH 14.]

"Ryū! Come get breakfast!" Kuromiya shouted out to the teen who was sitting on their rooms hardwood floor with diagrams and papers scattered around her, almost in a meditative state.

"Alright, I'll be down in a sec!" She responded, her voice low but clear and thick with an Australian accent.

'Ryū' was the name that her guardian, Kuromiya Kēi, gave her since she didn't have one. It was alright, enough to blend in. Although she suggested, for some reason, the name was engraved into her brain.

'Ryū Kuromiya in the Public's eyes.'

Three years and a half has passed since she was 'rescued' from the facility and successfully avoided her captors, as she passes enough to look like Kēi's relative, though she was struggling to gain weight with incredibly high metabolism.

She chuckled to herself, and got up whilst tugging on a black hoodie on top of the tightly binded bra and black basketball shorts. Tucking her hair into a tight ponytail, she sprinted down the stairs.

(1pov)

"Hey, Kēi-san. What's todays breakfast?" I ask, grabbing a glass and the unopened carton of amazake, a fermented rice drink, from the fridge to pour myself a drink. I place the carton on the kotatsu, and go to help him with the plates.

"Udon, side dishes and steamed rice. How did you sleep last night?" He replied, looking at me with furrowed black brows, only briefly taking his eyes away to put the dishes down.

"The usual, the matcha tea helped a bit though, thanks." I thought I smiled, but my face stayed stiff. I grab the chopsticks and utensils off from the counter and place them down.

"What about you? I hope Kazumi-san will be able to visit soon." I ask, taking a sip of amazake and put my legs under the kotatsu, feeling the nice warmth and wiggle my cold toes.

"When does he not come over?" He laughs, to which I smile too, "He'll be here in the afternoon. Said he wanted to talk with you." Kēi remarked, joining me on the floor under the kotatsu.

We both put our hands together and bowed, "Itadakimasu!"

We both started eating, he started with the sides and I went for the udon. Udon has always had a strong nostalgic familiarity, almost like a past memory that's so close yet so far away. Like someone close used to make it for me so lovingly.

I savour the cold chicken broth and start eating the accompanying foods inside, like tomatoes, green onions, radish and hard boiled egg with the udon. The warm rice and amazake also calmed my hunger, and before I know it, my plates are all empty.

'Was I really that hungry?'

After putting down my utensils, I turned and watched the TV which was displaying the local news, displaying an upcoming hero called 'Regen' and showing several clips of him in action, then switching to the usual celebrity drama. Regen? What an odd choice.

"He seems cool..." I mumble, watching him be so strong and cheerful while saving civilians. I wonder if he has any merch yet?

"Ryū, help me with the dishes, alright?" Kēi interrupts my focus, and I nod, picking up the dishes and detaching my hands to put them away quicker, and turn on the dishwasher.