CHAPTER 0 - A Paradox in Waiting.

[Time: 3:51am. Location: Osaka, Japan. Osaka Central Hospital, Labour ward.]

"November 8th, 2̷̢̛̛̛̮͚̟̬͇̙̠̈́̽̾̐̆̈́̽͑͆͛̎͋̀̓͛́́̊͆̓̓̈́́̌̀̊́̐͑͌̉̍̄̆̅̚̕̚͠0̸̡̨̢̘̭̟̫͈͇̙̣̼̲̬͙̹̙̫̯͖̘̝͎̫͕̪̟̅͌̏͗̄̑́̇͒̂͐͐̚͜͝3̴̨̡̛̝̫̱̼͉̱̣͔̞̞̣̺͙̳̗̻̳̰̤͓͓̻̖̜̦͉̰̼̝͈̫̫͖͙̦̹̻̊͑̑̍̐͌͐̐̐͐̓̄̔̽̇̓͒̐͌̏̓͋̾̈́̏̈̏̔̈́̇̈̍̽̎͌͘̚͘͘̕͠U̵̡̡̝̰̱͈̰̭̫̟̝̹̯̲͉̰͕̟̲̤͎̦̯̠̠̬͍̔̈͂̕N̸̦̫̣̩͈̩̳̠̯̥̻̞̖̖̭̍͗͊͐͒̈̈́̊́̃͗͒̐̉̅̚͝K̶̛̖̭͉̬͓̗̳̯̗̹̜͍̠̱̙͉͙͈̳̻̗̅̄̃̓̉͗̔̏̊̓̅̏̃́̈͊͒͗̌͊̆́͗̋̌͑̎͊̑̍̇͂̑̔̍̏͝ͅͅǪ̸̡̧̡̛̣̟̝̞̩̺̩͔̟̤̖̼̘͆́̾̈̍̈́͛͐̈́̿͗́͆̄̋͋̈́͘̚̕͜͠͠ͅW̸̧̢̗̙̠̝̩̳̩͓̖̬͕̝̟̯̞̟̦̤̖̙̲͎̘͙̠̥͈̭̳̳̯̦͉̱̘̑͒́̀̑͜͜ͅ1̴̡̛̼͎̫̯̼̗̹̦̿̽͐̓̌̇͒̊̂͊̈́͐͂͐̓̿̑͛̄͛̿̈́͂̅́͐̕̚̕̕͝͝9̴̡̩̗̙̙̮̜̦̟̺̖̩̩͈͎̘̜͐̓̿̈̉̐͊̌͛̈́̎͒͌͒̅̅͛͘͜͜͠͝1̵̢̛̤̣̬̺̣͙̪̠̻̽̈́̇̾̃̄́̽̆̋̈́̏͊̉͐́̌̈́͘͘͘͠͠͠͠͝͠Ṅ̶̢̛͖͍͚͖͖̹̼̦̩̼̺̥̬̟̹̪̼̯͉̍͛̿̍̈̃̒̊͊̎̿͊̄̃̅͆͊̆͊͗̓͂̓̕͠͝͠ͅ at 3:51am."

The midwife smiled at the couple, and wrote on the birth certificate.

"What would you like to name your beautiful daughters?"

"Ĕ̴̡̫̬̝̗̬̝̳̠͖͖̪̭͉̱͕̝͊̌̈͐̃̀̿̎̒́̎́͘̚͝͠͝͝R̵̨̡̛͙̜̠̝͈̣̘̘̳͚͑̏̂Ŗ̴̢̘̦̥͍̞̩̫̪͎̝͚͎̰̜̱̩̝͙͖̟̈̂͘͜Ơ̸̢̢̛͕̻͎̩̯͉̖̮̖̝̤͈̦̜̲̗̖͚̞̻̫̦̻̻͎̰̔̀̇͂͑̾͛͋͛̀͛͌̅̿͐̂͋̀̊̀̈́̿́̐͐̄͘͠͝͝R̷̡̧̡̨̹͓̭̭͖̭̤̘͖̰̝̬̠̻̱͛̓͗̈̿́͊̄͑͘͜͝͝ͅ.̴̡̥͚͉̼̤̤̮̯͍͍̬̗̤̤̬̒̋̈́̾̈́̎̇̇̀͑̇̽̿͂͒͒̍͛̎̎́̍̎̚̕9̷̧̡̝̳̱͓͓͚̖͍͉̼̗̥͎͕̮̭͕͉͖͍͍̭͓̠̘̣͎̀͛̒̽̓́̇̃͌̽̄̉̏͋̂̉͌̀̒̓̈́̄̂̎̓̽̀͒͐̈́̽͊̑͂̈́͘̚̕͘͝͝͠͝ͅͅͅ8̶̡̢̡̢̛̛̛̦͉̘͖͙̞͖͍̬̯̪̭̦͕͕̭͚̗̺͔͙̣̩̥̜̳͍͚̥̼̠͙̩̑̍́̌͛͗̎͒̈͋̊͗̇̿̈̏̈́̈́̽̃̀̉͐̓̃̚̕͝͠ͅͅ9̶̡̡̛̦̦͔̭̱̥͔̥͙̤̼̬͈̱̫͖͉̫̮̤̗̫͉̩̠͚̪̳͙̇̅̽͗͛̃͑̐́̾̍͂̎͆̃͛̐͑̈́̎̋͒͆͂̀͑̑̊̂͛̉̿̈̚͘̚͜͜͜͠͝͠/̴̣̗̦̠̭̓̆͌͝/̸̨̡̧̲͙̻̩̩͕̞͎͚̝̝̮̠͔̦̣̼͔̘̤̗͇͎̯̦̘̪̬̲̝͙͙̐̿͑͗̔̍̓̆͛̆̎̈́̿͗̋́͐́͋̋̊̅̓͂͑́̈̎͂͛̍̃̕̚͝͠ͅŇ̸̢̨̢̡̧̨̧̛͉͍̱̥͙̟̙̻͕͕̠̜̰̩̮͚̦̣͔͕͍͈͖͙̂̓̓̊͆͛̉̈́̅̀̽̀͛̐̿͊̋́̓̀͊́̄̏̂̓̋̑̄̑̄̀̈͗̚̕̚̕͝͝͠ͅA̸̠͑̃̆̒̈́̾̀͛̇͂̃̂͗̏̈̂̄͝͠͝M̷̛̬͖͚̥̣͍̮̼̪͕̦͔̋̋̃̀̄̇̐̓̋̈́͆̇̔̒̃̋̎́̾̄͂̅̃͆̂̄͋̓̑͘̕͝É̵̛̛̛̗̣͎̟͚̱͛͊̀̔̐̋͋̍̆͂̾̈́̏͒̈̓̓̒̇̇͗̚͘͘̚͝͝͝/̴̨̧̫̻̥͍̜̖̘̣̞̯̼̱̳͉̬͙͇̲̩̝͕̦̺̓͐͆̈́͂̓̐͐͛̀̕ͅͅ/̸̧̡̰̝̝̯̻̭͇͕͚̯̘͔̹͛̽̔͐̄̽͒̀̽̈́̉͛̽̕͜Ú̴͚̦͈̹͓̳͉̺͔̗̈́̿̄̄͒̂̓̋̎̇̌̽̿̈́̍̏̂̽̒̀̃̓̆̽̌̔̓͌̇͛̎̕͘̚̚͜͜͠͠͝ͅN̶̤̪̣̱̠̬̙̬̭͔̠̾͆́͐̀͗͊̇̓̔̑͋͒̉͆͂̉̊̄̈̓͑͜͝͠͝͠ͅͅḰ̸̡̛̛̖͍̱̘̙̪̮͈̠͍̼̟̙͎̆̊̈́͂͒̀̌́́̓̀̔͌̀̊̈̽́̓̅́͐͋̓͊͒̒͒̏̏̌̒̒͋̓̚͘͜N̸̨̨̡̢̧̧̢̫̞̟͔̮̲̖̞͙̟̪̼̮̖͕͎͔͍̯͓̻̖̗̈̓̃̋͆̑͑̈́͊̑͐́̑̈́͐͆̃̈͂̕͜͜͜͜ͅÕ̵̢̖͇͖̼̩͓̅́̌̆͐̈́̉͆̔̒̅͗͗̊̌̿̿̈́̽͗́̍̓̅̒̾̽̕͝͠͝W̵̡̨̛̲̮̻̫͇͚̹̖̾̐͌̇͗̎̒̓̈́̍̏̿̒̕͘͘̕͝ͅṆ̵̢̢̛̗̱̘̬͉̰̉̽̃͒̈́̒́̋͑̋̌͑͂̏̈͗͌͂͆́̄̆̿̎̀̄̐̾̀̒́̾̕̚͜͝"

The two parents smiled brightly at each other before the mother took the twins into her arms and cradled her. The children did not cry, but laid peacefully, and looked like an angels.

"They're both beautiful... you are truly blessed."

The father looked down and kissed his daughters pale foreheads, and whispered, "I love you, my girls."

One child opened her eyes to reveal pale white eyes speckled with gold, complimenting ther tufts of black hair. She looked nothing like her mother, which made her confused. Not even in any features. The other twin was grabbing onto her sister hand, both copies of each other, though she had a slightly more golden hue to her white eyes.

They looked around curiously and stopped on their father, before letting out a toothless smile and happy gurgles.

The mother smiled softly at her husband and whispered, "They both look just like you, my love."

"I love you, my child." The father kissed the babies head again, and mumbled to himself.

"I am sorry for what you will have to endure, my child." He directed it mostly to the older twin who opened her eyes first, before sending a similar look to the other.

"What did you say sweetheart?"

The father chuckled and rubbed her arm. "Nothing, my dear. Just proud of what you endured for our little angel."

"She'll have the perfect power... She will be a saviour..."

"Please, I thought we talked about this, Aiko... a beautiful, healthy daughter is enough for us, let alone two... what is wrong with that?"

Aiko lowered her eyes guiltily. She'd be lying if she said she didn't marry Haruki for his power, but she fell in love instead for his kind heart and forgiving nature.

"Sorry, dear. But we were truly blessed."

But even though it was his, it wasn't anyway close to being her children.