CHAPTER 26: Retirement.

*Ryū is referred to as she/her, unless it is their general identity being mentioned. sorry if it's confusing.*

[Time: 12:34PM. Location: Blue Magazine HQ, Tokyo, Japan. Three days after Akira's rescue.]

"Ryū Kuromiya, thank you for joining us for this interview with the Blue Magazine. It's truly an honour." Kimura Koji, the interviewer, thanked whilst holding her hand out to greet her, which Ryū kindly declined and bowed instead.

"Thank you for the offer." Ryū's voice was much softer and approachable than it naturally was. They were in the role of Ryū Kuromiya, a Japanese Model with several sponsors and a famous runway model that was known for her iconic looks. They were now somebody who they weren't, a public figure made by the government to hide the 'controversial past'.

She was wearing a long sleeved, beige plaid blazer with a simple black belt around the waist, and a black strap bodycon dress that was barely longer than the blazer, stopping at the upper thigh whilst chunky thigh-high heels complimented the outfit.

"You are a lot taller in person, wow! You're very gorgeous." Kimura suddenly complimented, taking the model off-guard and awkwardly laughed.

The two sat in front of a library set on high stools, with fake drinks and food on the table in front of them.

'Can't even afford to provide real food and drink. Good impression.'

Kimura tucked her brown hair out of her face as she flipped through her notes, before stopping at a page and pulling out a pen. She gave a brief nod to the cameras to tell them to start after the required preroll openings happened on tv.

"Live in 3... 2... 1."

"Welcome back to Behind the Public's Eye, hosted by Blue Magazine and brought to you live by Nippon TV. I'm today's host, Kimura Koji and today, we'll be interviewing Japan's Beloved Model, Ryū Kuromiya." Kimura's voice was strong, and Ryū smiled to the camera as she continued talking before the questions.

"What made you decide to become a model?"

Ryū laughed, not surprised that was the first question, the answer easily slipping through her painted lips.

"Well, I was actually scouted by my agency and they were very persistent. I thought I'd give it a shot, and if I didn't like it, I'd try acting. To be entirely honest, it was my father that encouraged me, and it's been the best thing to happen ever since." Ryū made an emphasis on being scouted with a small content smile.

"Look at you now! You've modelled for several billion yen companies, done several charity events and even sponsors. I'd say it was definitely worth it."

"Moving on, I heard you're taking a break from the industry? A lot of the information is speculation so far and your agency hasn't spoken about it, so what do you think?"

Again, Ryū smiled as she looked down at the floor, as if waiting for answer herself before rubbing the in-ear that was furthest from the camera.

"I am. I'm not sure for how long, but maybe a minimum of a couple months."

A wave of confused mutters went through the studio, Kimura pressed at her in-ear speaker and stuttered through her next question, the unexpected abruptness of the news startling the whole crew.

"B-but why? What is the reason?" The interviewer asked, to which Ryū only shook her head with a look of melancholy on her face, hidden by a happy smile on her red lips.

"I just desperately need a break."

wordcount: 595