GUARDIAN DAEMONS

Hello! Welcome to the second installation of the "MEET THE (blank)" series!
This time, it's going to be about the Guardian Daemons, or rather the lore of it. Overtime I'll add more information, but this chapter is vital if you want to understand the abilities and concept of this stories universe. This chapter will probably never be fully complete as I'll keep adding and reworking things.

So, what are "Guardian Daemons"?

There is not much information about them on databases, only in ancient texts that most believe to be 'fake', seeing as there's rarely a confirmation of the said beings. There are only three places of worship that hold the original texts, being in France, Versailles. The other in Athens, Greece and the last one in Egypt. The earliest texts date these beings go back to 800BC, originating in Greece and Egypt.

The term 'Guardian Angel', let alone 'angel' is incredibly offensive to many, even to those who are not religious. Angels don't exist. Hence why the word is offensive because they simply do not exist, as the term Guardian Daemon/Guardian Devil appears more often and is almost a 'compliment'. Demon however, can be used as an insult, since Demons have 'bad intentions' to society, and is an incorrect description of a Daemon.

There's not many of them, considering a large amount stay hidden, or their soul never reaches the point of activation. In total, there's only an estimated 15% of them in the whole worlds population, even then the chances of encountering one and remembering them is incredibly rare. (I will get to the memory aspect soon!)

If two parents are Guardian Daemons, it doesn't change the chances of one being born by much, though this also depends on the power of themselves and their souls.

Guardian daemons have a higher chance of being born as twins and triplets than a single child.

Genes of the Guardians Daemons are extremely rare to be passed down, though if this does happen, the gene's power is amplified by the strength of the soul of the child. The chances of a Daemon getting several powers is 7% chance, as the body can't hold sacred power sufficiently. An exception to this rule is the main character, Ryū Kurokawa.

There are instances where the body and mind is incredibly strong that it can hold multiple catalysts of mutations and powers.

They tend to live to be essentially immortal, as they can't per se, 'die', as their soul and body are bound to life. They can't die by their own accord, but they can get severely injured to the point of comatose, and stay in comatose until all earthly and otherworldly wounds are healed.

High ranking Guardian Daemons can't die from natural causes or 'diseases'. If their body gets completely destroyed, they'll reincarnate as soon as their soul is healed. There are exceptions to this rule. Such wounds would be external, like gunshots, stabbing, any sort of injury caused by holy artefacts or pure high grade osmium.

If they do 'die', their soul eventually recovers, but the extent of damage and amount of times damaged make these attempts less and less successful.

There are weapons that can permanently damage (as daemons have regenerative properties and if a limb is lost, typically they can recover and regrow it.) and kill a Guardian Daemon, but these are made of the rarest material on earth. These weapons are kept in highly secure facilities, or are often sought out by Daemons and destroyed.

Upon the death of a guardian daemon, their body turns into white marble, freezing them into their happiest memory at the time of death. These statues are decorated with gold and other metals, and are very treasured by the public and usually are placed under the care of museums or in the hands of secure facilities and professionals. The ones on public display are only near the areas the hold strong connections to Guardians, the belief being it will help rest and guide their souls to freedom.