CHAPTER 23: The Last Night.

[Time: 5:54pm. The day of the Event. Location: Ryū's apartment studio.]

Ryū walked out from behind the paper screen awkwardly, adjusting the gold cuff links on their blazer jacket uncomfortably with Yua clapping adoringly as they walked out.

"Yua, I'm not sure about this..." Ryū mumbled, it wasn't that they didn't like the suit. They loved wearing suits, but... this wasn't what they would've chosen for themself. Okay, maybe they would've but that's not the point.

"Stop worrying about it! You look fine." She smiled, standing up to bring the suit jacket together, being stopped by Ryū's hand.

"I look like a sophisticated asshole." They pulled a disgusted face, looking the mirror.

Yua chose a white custom tailored suit. Creme white slim tuxedo pants, with a matching blazer with small golden Gucci logo embellishments.  Underneath, a pastel brown corset vest decorated with white flower embellishments on top of a white ruffle collar shirt.

"That's because you are one, Ryū." Yua bluntly replied with a straight face. Ryū nodded their head in agreement, about to fuel their own ego only to be smacked in the arm suddenly.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding... Should I wear my blue puffed dress or the white ruffle dress you bought?" She laughed it off, asking Ryū since she couldn't decide.

"White dress. I'll go grab your heels, doll." They replied, walking off to the corridor that had a walk in closet full of shoes, primarily Ryū's since they often got gifted stuff from designers or fan signs which didn't fit Yua, and decided to go with a pair of peach platform block heels that tied around the ankle. Though, their hands traced a beaten pair of pointe shoes sitting in the darkness of the closet, hidden behind a pair of combat boots, pausing in thought as they felt a migraine come on with a sudden memory of being on a beach came to mind.

Silently trudging through the spacious apartment with a pair of heels in one hand, and a pair of Prada monolith derby shoes, which were one of Ryū's favourite shoes, that is, if you don't count the hundreds of combat boots in their possession, they stopped in their tracks at the sight of Yua.

She had put on a lace turtleneck underneath the white dress, which was off the shoulder and had volumes of ruffles that stopped at her knees. Atop of the dress sat a peach under bust corset that was tied loosely, waiting for Ryū to help it tighten.

"..." Ryū quietly tightened and tied the lace into a pretty bow and tucked it away, before resting their hands into the pockets of the blazer. Yua grabbed their arms from behind her and pulled Ryū to hold her waist, making the Yakuza panic and flinch at the contact, before settling down.

"What do you think?" She asked, smiling in the mirror. She wasn't looking at herself, but was instead looking for Ryū's precious heart smile that she loved so much, but they only had a cold frown on their face.

"Pretty." They mumbled, leaning down to rest their own head ontop of hers.

Startled, Yua turned around and fumbled with the ends of the dress, not used to the compliments. "R-Ryū!"

"Sorry, sorry." They smiled. It was a genuine smile from Ryū. Eyes shut, deep dimples appeared in their cheeks as a grin stretched into a heart as they laughed.

Unfortunately, the moment didn't last too long once Ryū's eyes landed at the dark bruising around Yua's neck and their mood dampened, brows creasing as they bit the inside of their cheek. Yua looked at them sadly and brought their hands up to her neck. Ryū immediately jolted backwards and pulled their hand away.

"Ryū. You won't hurt me. Let me in." Yua whispered painstakingly as they reluctantly let their hands rest on her neck.

"Hey, you can use your power. It's okay. I'll be okay. You'll be okay." She repeated, trying to reinforce that it's safe.