CHAPTER ???: Why, once again?

[Time: 4:01pm. Location: Melbourne, Australia. Unknown hospital.]

"Congratulations, Mrs. Tanaka, it's a boy!" A muffled voice rang out from inside the room announced, only to be followed by nurses rushing in after the doctor yelled that he wasn't breathing.

Ę̺̪͖̙͓͈̈́́̓̄̄̍̚Ŗ̧̞̳̌̅̂̂Ř̡͍̻̖̞̃̏͆͠Ò̠͍̺͕̞̤̻͐̃̑́͛̓̔ͅR̛̘͓̳͓̝̖̍͋͊̕͠.̣̘̖͇̹̻̎͛͋̄̽̀͋̾͢͢9̛̬̪̪̜̻͙͔̖̽̀̂̉̎̒͝89̻͚̤̾̐͆/̧̨͉͓̻̹̳̰̼͆̐̿̾͋̄͛̌͘/͓̪̭͈͔̜̥̻̀̑̓͋̽̅̄͆͟͠N̥̪͍̩̓͒̏̈A̢̢͍͐̍͐ME͎͕̤͔͓͌̌̑̾͆/̧̭͇̖̼͍̤̍̈̾̒̀̃͝Ű͍̫͍̉͘N̢͔͓͑̎̎͒̐͢͜K̦͍͖̘̼̱̺͓̬͑̃̓͂̏̇͘̚͝Ņ̝͖̽̿̇Ǫ̧̨̼̺̦̟͈̜̋͆̑̔͌̄̔̃͠Ẁ̨̡͕̿̈́N̗͎̜͍̪͔̋̈̐̋̓̋̏ͅ sat on the waiting chairs with her father, as he worriedly watched them take his son to the Neonatal Care Unit. Her younger sister was next to her, her legs shaking as she pulled at her long sleeves to hide the bruises.

She felt hot tears brimming on the corner of her white eyes, feeling a strong sense of deja vu, with only a single thought in her mind.

'Please don't make him go through what I did.'

"Hey darling, you're alright. Don't worry." Her father's gentle voice broke her out of the thought, and his warm hands enveloped her small ones.

"I-I don't know dad, I don't want him to go through what I did-"

"He won't."

She looked up at him, their matching eyes meeting, except this time, he knew his prediction was a 50/50 shot of being correct. He wasn't sure. He only hoped. He only hoped that this time, he got Aiko's mutation and not his, not a rare mutation like his daughter.

She sniffled and wiped her face with the sleeve of her white yuk at a, and leaned back in her chair.

"I-I'll protect him with my life then. He won't go through pain, and not by her. I'll protect him till the day I die." She whispered, praying with her hands together, her warm raven hair falling in front of her as she leaned to the ground, lifting her head to her father who only looked at her in guilt as the twins looked at each other in both determination and fear.

"She isn't even our mother. I don't have one."