ventuno

'the knife? or the gun?'

elora

it was the same night and i'd gone home early since i still felt sick. i felt sick because i knew mattia was still alive and that he had been watching me.

i was now in my bedroom getting changed into my pajamas and wiping off my makeup. i brushed my hair and brushed my teeth before getting into bed.

all i could do was think about mattia. his eyes. his nose. his cheeks. his hands. his body. his all of him.

soon, i fell into a deep slumber with the thought of mattia stuck in my mind.

what a great twenty first birthday.

+

— mattia

"any last words?" i growl at the guy in front of me, who was tied to a chair in my house.

the guys name was wil. mariano had sent him to spy on me and i caught him lurking outside the premises.

"please," he pleads as tears fill his eyes. "i-i have a wife and kids. please don't do this. d-don't you have a-a wife or a girlfriend? think about them. what would they think of you?"

i grab my gun and hit him in the head with it. "shut the fuck up!" i yell and bend down so i'm face to face with him. "you don't bring up anything to do with a wife or girlfriend! you hear me?!" i shout and he nods.

"please, mattia. don't do this. i'm begging you."

"oh i can see that but you work for mariano. you were spying on me! of cource im going to do this, you dick head!"

the next minute wil gets out of the seat and i see that he has a pocket knife in his hand. sly bitch.

"come and get me then bitch!" wil screamed and charged for me but i moved out of the way and he fell to the floor. i chuckled and turned around to face him.

"you have a pocket knife wil," i roll my eyes at his dumbness. "i have a gun. which one is going to get the job done quicker?" i ask and walk towards him as he gets back on his feet. "the knife? or the gun?"

wil stays silent and slashes the knife across my bare arm. i was wearing a white vest so he had a pretty good amount of skin to cut.

i smirk at him and shake my head. "that all you got, willy wil? wow, mariano didn't really show you much did he?"

"you don't know what you're talking about!" he fires and goes to make a slash on my chest but i move out of the way just in time and elbow him right in the nose.

"fucking prick!" was the last thing i said the him before shooting him in the chest multiple times and watching his body fall limp to the ground. i smirk. my job is done.

all of a sudden, there's a knock at my door. i huff and run up the stairs and open the door.

"alejandro, kairi, hey," i greet and let them in. "how're you guys?"

ever since elora thought i'd died that night i decided to get into contact with the two boys and they agreed to work with me. they've informed me how elora's been doing and they were the ones to tell me it was her birthday and where they were going.

"what the fuck happened to you?" kairi asks as he looks me up and down.

"i got in a fight with one of mariano's men. he's downstairs by the way if you want to pay him a visit."

the guys nod and follow me downstairs.

"wow. you did a real good job on killing him, boss." alejandro chuckles and bro hugs me.

i shrug and walk over to the body and kick it. "i could've done worse but he was putting up a fight," i crouch down and pick the switch blade and show the guys it. "fucking dick, using a pocket knife. i mean, how stupid can you be?"

"well by the looks of it, he did slice you pretty bad." kairi said and pointed the the gash on my arm.

"eh," i shrug and walks over to my desk where my computers were and sat in the seat. "doesn't hurt a bit. anyways," i clap my hand sand turn around in the chair to face them. "how's elora?"

alejandro and kairi look at each other a sigh. "not good , man," kairi shakes his head. "when you spoke to her tonight she went straight home afterwards."

"she said she felt sick but we knew the real reason," alejandro finished. "you shouldn't of done it , mattia. she thought you were dead and was finally getting on with her life.. but now she knows you're alive and never going to speak to her again is worse then her thinking you're dead."

i huffed and brung my hands up to my face. "shit," i groan. i quickly got up and walked to a cupboard where my medication was and took three pills.

i walked back over to the boys and looked at them before sitting back down.

"do you think i should go and see her tomorrow?" i wonder and the boys shrug.

"we don't know," kairi began. "i could talk to her if you want me to. you know, see how she feels about you."

i nod and thank him. suddenly, alejandro's phone dings and he takes his phone out of his pocket and reads the message.

"it's gia," he told us and looked up from the phone. "she's getting angry because amber and lezi keep wanting to tag along with her, fabiana and gray. she said that the three were just going back to gias house but amber and lezi are begging to join." he finishes by chuckling.

i bunch my eyebrows together and so does kairi. "why do they keep wanting to tag along? surely they have other friends right?"

"oh yeah," kairi nods. "they have loads. they just won't tell us their names. alejandro and i tried following them once but we got caught and had to think of a lie. every time we hang out without elora all they want to talk about is her which i find quite weird. and when we do hang with elora all they want to talk about is you and how she's coping with your 'death'. kairi says.

i quickly spun around and turned around logged into my computer and went onto google.

"what're their last names?" i ask, getting ready to type them in.

"um, amber sawyer and lezi rodriguez." alejandro answers and i nod, typing the names in.

"what're you doing?" kairi wonders and walks over to me. "a background check?"

i nod and bite my lips as i scroll through many websites. soon, i come across and website that was named , the canyons. mariano castano.

i instantly clicked on it and there it was. there was ambers and lezi's faces along with mariano's , nathaniel's and antonio's.

my mouth hung open at i read the information the website provided and i was in instant shock.

😛 is my favorite emoji