sessantaotto

'i-i need to.. go.. it hurts.. it hurts so bad.'

elora

"mom.."

"that's right, sweetie." she smirked and nodded. i couldn't believe my eyes. there was no way i was seeing my mama right now.

it all made sense, she was sending me the letters and going by the name 'the little mermaid' because when i was younger she would read that story to me all the time before bed. but how was she getting the information?

i blinked a couple times but she chuckled. "this is real, darling. you're not dreaming."

"b-but you're dead.. how are- how are you here? how are you alive?" i ask as tears made their way to my saddened eyes.

"i never died—"

"we can see that!" my father spits and my mom rolls her eyes.

"i left you and your father to be with someone i truly love," she folded her arms across her chest. "come in."

the next minute, the church doors open and in comes mason with his soldiers standing behind him with all types of guns in their hands.

"i met mason when your father first hired him. we instantly clicked and i guess you could say we fell in love," she began. "when we went to italy to see your father, i saw mason and i couldn't keep my attraction from him. i told him and while you and your dad were out training we went on many dates. that's why when i went on the 'mission' graziana told you that they were going to kill me so you so you'd think i was dead and wouldn't have to find out that i was dating someone younger then me-"

"i wouldn't be worried about just that! you cheated on dad! the least you could do was end things with him before you left!"

she breathed in and let out a sigh and slowly opened her eyes, trying to contain her anger.

"you were the one sending the notes," mattia spoke up and my mom looked over at him and nodded with a grin planted on her lips. "but how did you find out the information if you weren't able to get in? we had guards surrounding the place."

"i had a little birdie report back to me what was going on.." her eyes scanned the area until they landed on someone next to mattia. "miguel, why don't you come up here?"

my heart broke. miguel. he had been telling her stuff. he had been working with her all along. i glanced over at sasha and she also looked betrayed and heart broken. i mean, after all it was her brother and even though mattia and i had only told her about the mafia stuff a couple days ago she new what he was doing was wrong.

"miguel.." i whisper and watch as he shamefully walks over to my mom. "how could you? i trusted you! i fucking trusted you!" i yell as tears pour from my eyes.

"i had miguel looking after you for a while," my mom rubbed his back as he looked over at me and then sasha with a guilty look in his eyes. "when i heard what happened at the warehouse the night you were shot, i sent miguel to quickly save you so you'd survive and i made him earn your trust so you could tell him things. he was like my eye. he'd tell me how you were doing. i love you so much, elora, i wanted to make sure you were safe—"

"by using my friend- not even that! he was never my friend! you used me! how much is she paying you? she's good like that. paying people to get what she wants." i spit and miguel doesn't answer and just looks down at his feet.

"can we begin now?" mason groans and my mother looks back at him and smiles before looking back at me. "i'm so very sorry, elora but this has to be done."