sessantatré

'we'll see you soon.'

one week later.

elora

"have you got everything?" i ask sasha as she finishes zipping up her suitcase. she nods and moves a few strands of her dark hair out of her face.

sasha was going to go to the uk for a while to see her girlfriend, mia. their relationship was really cute.

after the fight that happened a little bit over a week ago, i've been more determined to find mason and mariano and the rest of the canyons. i want to kill them.

and this news about something life changing? it don't believe him. he's probably just trying to mess with me.

"hurry the fuck up!" miguel yells from the bottom of the stairs. the two of us laugh.

"let's get in the car then." i nod my head towards to door and she grabs her suitcase and we walk to my car.

miguel puts her case in the trunk as we both get in and he soon does the same.

"have you told her, you're going to the uk?" i ask as i pull out of the driveway.

sasha shakes her head. "nope, i want it to be a surprise."

i chuckle and stop the car at a red light. "well then whose picking you up from the airport?"

"her mom. our bond is very good so she offered."

i look over at sasha and smile. i'm happy she's happy. one of my many best friends getting to do something she never thought she'd be able to do because of me. it really warms up my heart.

"her moms fit as fuck, not going to lie." miguel shrugged and looked up from his phone.

"miguel can you shut up for once?" sasha groans and miguel chuckles and shakes his head before looking back down at his phone.

"and we're here." i said and pulled up in front of the doors to the airport.

sasha sighs and the three of us get into the car. miguel gets her suitcase out of the trunk and wheels it over to her.

she opens her arms and pulls her in for a hug. i burry my head into her neck and i feel her rub my back up and down. "thank you so much." she mutters and i shrug. "anything for my best friend."

"we'll miss you." i smile as we pull apart and she walks over to her brother and gives him a hug.

she then grabs the handle of her suitcase and gives us one last wave before entering the airport.

miguel and i get back in the car and i drive him back home.

"why have you been so distant?" he asks and i look over at him with my eyebrows furrowed and then back at the road.

"what do you mean?"

"i mean, we rarely hang out anymore and you're always with your other friends. i feel like i was just a distraction while you were trying to get over your friends before you found out that they didn't leave you for dead." he ranted and i sighed.

"i'm sorry okay, just work things."

i heard him scoff and roll his eyes. "are you a fighter or something?"

"what? no. why'd you ask that?" i question as i turn a corner.

"because of the bruises and cuts on your face." he pointed at my face and i huffed.

should i tell him about me being he donna of a mafia? how would he react? would he still be my friend?

"okay listen," i began. "i need to tell you something."

"i'm listening."

"i lied. my job isn't washing dishes. i'm the donna of the fabinho's. i fight, kill people, i do all sorts. the reason i have all these cuts on me is because i had to save mattia from another mafia. i had to fight to get him back or he'd be killed." i explained.

i look over at miguel and he looks very shocked and somewhat scared.

"pull over." he demands, keeping his eyes on his lap.

i decide to ignore him and just continue driving. "i said pull over, elora!" he practically shouts and i sigh and pull up to the curb.

he goes to open the door and get out but i lock the doors. he turns his head towards me and his jaw is clenched.

"open the door, god damn it." he yelled and i just stared out of my window, ignoring him.

"elora! fucking listen!"

i slowly shake my head and face him. "what so you can go to the police and grass? i don't think so, miguel."

"you're a murderer, elora! what were you expecting?"

"i was expecting you to keep quiet!" i snap and he flinches.

"no! i'm taking you to the police!"

"you do that and you'll have to deal with the fabinhos and the toupees. make your choice wisely as least." i scoff.

he stayed silent and i sighed. i felt a bit guilty. he's my best friend and i'm basically threatening him.

"i'm sorry okay, how about.. i make you a suggestion?" i say just above a whisper, breaking the silence.

he glanced over at me. "and what would that be?" he asked and i rubbed my forehead thinking if this is a good idea or not.

"how about you join us? join the fabinhos and toupees. i still need to talk to mattia about us joining together but i'm sure he'd say yes." i explain.

"you want me to join a mafia after i just said i'd go to the police?" he bunches his eyebrows together.

i only nod and pick at my finger nails.

"are you mad!?" miguel shouted and i looked up at him.

"no, i'm not. so are you in or no? we'll teach you how to fight. how to fire a gun. we'll teach you everything you need to know."

miguel sighed and leant his head on his hand as his elbow rested on the ledge of the window.

"you'd get to see me everyday," i grin and nudge him playfully

"fine, yeah, whatever." he shrugged and kept his gaze on his lap. he then looked up at me and smiled a toothy grin. "when do we start, boss?"

i laugh and shake my head. "now."

bit of a boring chapter but it's whatever. anyways, i'm not sure wether u saw or not, but i've got a timetable (if that's what you wanna call it) but basically it's in my bio if u wanna check it out. it just says when i'm going to be posting my stories. love u all <3